OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Roger Parks

Started by hunter22, January 23, 2015, 04:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Here's a longbox I just got from Roger Parks. It is a butternut box with an aluminum paddle that has been dipped in a camo pattern. All I can say is thanks to my friend Bill Lyman for putting me on this one. Roger is one of the true "old school" callmakers who has always thought outside the box and he sure has a winner here. You can run it by canting the lid outward or inward and playing it on the same spot on the box and get two distinct hen sounds. And it may be the best gobbling box I have heard. The holster he sent is very similar to the ones Billy Bush supplies with his calls.

SS Calls

Pretty cool Rickey. Never seen an aluminum paddle before.

M,Yingling

That's different ,,,Nice
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

West Augusta

That is a neat idea and Roger is full of novel ideas when it comes to turkey calls and all that I have seen work.  Roger is a good guy also. You got another good one Rickey.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Triple B

That is a very unique call, I'm sure it rocks if Roger Parks made it. Very nice indeed.

callmakerman

Got mine yesterday and all I can say is SWEEEEEEEEET! I first ran one of these last year at the Harrisburg  outdoor show and knew I had to have one so when I heard that Roger had a few in the works I called him up.  I also knew that I had to let Rickey know about them. Glad you like her and I hope to see some dead birds soon. :turkey2:

silverspur

Congrats Rickey, That is out of the box thinking for sure.  Never heard or seen such a paddle call like that before!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

sbbow

It's different but looks very nice.

scoot12

I also have same call and it is sweet.  Roger builds a great call.  Scoot

mgm1955

Unique call. Congrats guys.

etboxcalls

Congrats Rickey on a great call from Roger.  Like Bill mentioned, Roger first showed us this call last year and I was blown away by the sound of it.  I've spoken at length with Roger and he sure does know his stuff and how to find the turkey in a call...whether it be a friction call or box.  Congats again

Ed

drenalinld

Been listening to this thing in sound clips. Good grief is it turkey. So many different yelps, all realistic and a gobble as good as any. Getting one soon I hope. Love the holster!

hunter62

Nice call Rickey ! I have a thick piece of aluminum been looking at it it for years was going to make shortbox lid some day

drum817

Would love to hear a sound file of this call.  That's  somethng ya don't see every day!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Matt k

Nice call, you got a sound clip?