OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

In Your Lap Gobbling- April 2016

Started by Cove, January 12, 2017, 10:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cove

Here is the first hunt I've cleaned up from 2016. The composition is there, the lighting was just a bit dark since everything happened right from the tree. I'll take it. Hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/02H2CIFFqNo

Cottonmouth

Nice work. Felt like I was right there with ya!

VA_Birdhunter

Awesome as always Dave!!   God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

maytom

Neat video....never had three gobblers come in at the same time. Must of been awesome to see!!

born2hunt

Bought as good as it gets right there. 
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Gamblinman

Bravo!! Bravo!!

To call 3 mature toms from there hens off the roost is an accomplishment in and of itself. To get it all on film is over the top.

Spring turkey hunting...its the only time when makin' momma hen unhappy can be so much fun.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

wvmntnhick

Nice man. Would love to start recording hunts like that.

Dr Juice

marshboy

2eagles

wvlimbhanger

That's a good one right there.  As we all know, not many mornings come together like that. 

GobbleNut

Amazing work, as usual, Dave!  A master class in both videography and calling. 
...A key element to be pointed out regarding your calling in this particular video is your ability to recognize when aggressive calling was needed, rather than more passive, conservative stuff.  Excellent lesson in assessing the temperament of a flock of birds and then catering your calling approach to it.  Well done, my friend!

Another question,...did you have a decoy(s) out on this hunt?  Personally, I don't use one, but this is exactly the kind of situation where the use of a decoy can mean the difference between success and failure.  A bunch of gobbler eyes peering down a slope without seeing the hen that they think is calling to them sometimes results in an early departure from a group of out-of-range birds. 

Tail Feathers

Love it!
Sure makes me long for the first gobble of this year. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ncwoodsman

Awesome video and very exciting hunt! Thanks for sharing.