turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fun with the Telemarketer's

Started by Crappiepro, January 09, 2012, 08:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

I received a call form a high percentage rate loan company today saying they could meet any of my financial needs and wanted to know if I was interested. This lady could barely speak English and seemed like a robot as she pitched her junk speech and this is where I excel LOL. I said sure "I'm needing a loan for a for a transplant, I've been living for most of my life with 3 right toes and 3 left toes that had grown on the wrong sides of my feet, some how they got switched when I was very young LOL., I told her how much I wanted to have the corrective surgery to switch the toes back to the correct foot LOL. With no studder or shake in her voice she said " Sir, I think we we have a loan package with a percentage rate that could meet my needs with a low monthly payment and she would be very happy to assist me in the easy loan process" and then she wanted to know if I wanted to start a loan app over the phone LOL.
I tell ya, I just about couldn't keep from laughing, Yeah I know this was wrong but hey I couldn't pass this up LOL. I told 4 times my name was Brad and she called me everything but!  Broad was as close as she got on the name LOL.

I know this maybe wrong but it was funny at the time LOL

Eric Gregg

Unreal.
Might as well have a little fun at their expense!

Crappiepro

I thought it was great fun!! She never caught it when I told her my toes got switched when I was young( not being born that way) LOL and I had been living like that for "Most" of my life LOL.
They wanna call me, I'll talk to them LOL! :goofball:

Neill_Prater

We're on the "no call" list, but I still get some that are exempt, like non-profits, or especially, insurance companies because I have a business. I don't want to mess with them, so as soon as I realize their intent, I'll simply say, "Thanks for calling, but I'm not interested", and immediately hang up.

I had one last year, connected to my business, that was some kind of scam, but I'm really not sure exactly what they were trying to pull. The guy calls my wife, and says there is a bill due for some Yellow Page advertising, so she hands me the phone. I advertise in the Yellow Pages, but only in my local directory. This jerk starts telling me that it is time for ad renewal, and that I owe them for the previous year. I explain nicely that I don't owe anything, because I never have had an ad with them. He just keeps on, saying that he can cancel the ad, but has to collect the previous bill, otherwise I'll be charged for an additional year. He was wanting something like $400. I told him I didn't owe anything, and finally just hung up. He called back twice, and told me to not hang up on him again, or I'd be billed for another year. I said you can bill anything you want, but I'm not going to pay it, because I never authorized the ad. Then he started some bull about sending the bill in so and so name. I told him that wasn't my name, but I never said what my name was. I finally just told him off and hung up. The only thing I can figure out is that he was trying to get my name and credit card information. Luckily, I was smart enough to know something was fishy, but I can see where it could work on somebody if they weren't thinking.

M,Yingling

Ha thats good one  :lol:,,,I always like to ask caller for their home number so i can call them back later   
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

C J Stahly

A guy on the radio some time back said he got a call from a solicitor who said he had won something like a million dollars.  In pulling the solicitor's chain he said thank you, but he had very blessed life and would like to pass his fortune on to someone else.  He then told the solicitor that he could have the money.  The solicitor appearantly didn't know what to do but the conversation went on for a couple more minutes.  I would have loved to been on 3 way calling with that one.

TrackeySauresRex

Good one  :TooFunny:..
I have a difficult last name to pronounce so when they call with there broken English trying to say my name it never works for them. I say there is no one here that lives by that name. However your gettin close and if you say it rite,I'll listen. I'll give you 3 chances.  ;D they never get it rite.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

mason0366

A good whisle takes care of them!

Ol'Mossy

I don't say anything I just hang up