OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nostalgic shotgun purchase

Started by Timmer, December 01, 2021, 06:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmer

Some 37 years ago my father bought me my first shotgun at age 14.  It was a Browning BPS 20g with an engraved receiver.  When I graduated from college and started doing more hunting, I wanted a 12g but didn't have much money.  I ended up putting the 20g gun for sale on consignment at a sporting goods store and took the money from selling it to buy another BPS but in 12g.  That 12g BPS is still my primary upland gun.  I always regretted selling the 20g, however.  It had a lot of memories tied to it - first ducks, first pheasants, first grouse.  Today it still would be a great grouse gun, and is something my kids could shoot.   They stopped making the engraved models some time ago.  I have been watching gun auction sites for a couple of years hoping to find an engraved 20g BPS.  Low and behold one popped up on a collector's site last week.  It's still new in box.  It is now paid for and being shipped to me!  I'm thrilled! 
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Tail Feathers

Finding a gun you've been searching for is great.  Finding one NIB is fantastic.  Congrats, hope you really enjoy it.
And we will be waiting for pics when you get your hands on it. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Cowboy

Congrats. I think we have all sold guns we later had regrets on. I sold the very first camo turkey gun I bought new. I still look for a replacement every chance I get.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tom007

Amen, I am glad you found it and got it back..........best of luck.....
"Solo hunter"

TScottW99

Glad you were able to find one, congratulations!
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer