OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

from the trash to ..............

Started by pappy, March 28, 2016, 07:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Was turning this one to complete an order when i brought the handle of my chisel up too high and it grabbed the stock...broke off half the bell diameter on one side...I actually cried ...and contemplated throwing it away, but man I had gone so far with the thing...what to do? So I took her to the bandsaw and cut equal meat off each side and glued some African Balckwood on each side and POW......here she is ...fared tipped and headed to the classies...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Gumby

doublespurs21

nothing wrong with that... I really like that striker............

SteelerFan

Nice save!! That story could have just as easily been: "After weeks of trial and error, I finally put together the combination I was looking for! (you told on yourself too soon!!  :TooFunny: )

Scott Hock

Last Strut Calls

Popapi

Ol timer

Just goes to show the talent that you have, taking a expensive piece of damaged wood and then using your craftsmanship to turn it into a one of a kind striker. Well done Pappy!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

sbbow

Looks good pappy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mgm1955

Kwgoke

KYHeadhunter02

Sometimes something horrible turns into something great. That's exactly what happened to you! Looks like a fine striker!

Dr Juice

mossyhorn2

Looks to me like you should make more mistakes. lol  Looks great!!