OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Houndstooth Calls

Started by Tom Dooley, February 18, 2015, 07:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Dooley

I picked up a crystal and slate from Houndstooth at the convention and they both are great calls. The walnut slate rocks. You can get very loud yelps and sharp cuts from this call. You can also do the softer stuff that a slate is known for. If you could only take one call to the woods this slate would be hard to beat.

WV Ridge Reaper

Sounds like I gotta get that slate..I got Lyles Aluminum,Crystal and Cermic while I was there.

All 3 are great calls but I have done decided if I can't kill turkeys with the aluminum I will just quit huntin...I can't stop playing it!!

Id also reckon his country girl mouth call.

tonybforua

Ive used some there mouth calls for a couple years now. Very good and easy to use. I love them.

mgm1955

Congrats on a couple of nice calls!

TauntoHawk

I've seen a pile of birds die from his cherry ceramic
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

worth612000

I haven't gotten one yet, but have heard the sound file, they sound great and it's a sharp looking pot call. It will be on my list.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: TauntoHawk on February 18, 2015, 09:41:10 PM
I've seen a pile of birds die from his cherry ceramic
what strikers are being ran on it. I have ran a bunch on mine and it's extremely high pitch. It sounds good but I would like to lower the pitch and get some rasp on the backend if that is even possible .
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Houndstooth Game Calls

Give me a shout monday if your having a problem with the call. Be glad to see what's going on I am sure you got a 2 pc diamond wood striker.. Not sure what's going but would invite you to give me a call and see what's going on.. Lyle
1-205-561-8535

Spitten and drummen

I would like to give props to Lyle at houndstooth. He saw my post asking about strikers to use on his ceramic call. I immediately recieved a pm from him. He was geniually concerned with the issue I was having. I have one of his glass calls and it sounds awsome. After sending messages back and forth he got my address and is sending me a new one. I never asked for one , he just said he wanted me to have a call I would be happy with and would use to hunt with. Lyle put his customer on the front burner. Even though I got the call last year , he had not just moved on. He could have easily ignored my question on here and never followed up with me , but he did. A lot of times after you get a call from someone , that's the end of it. I just wanted to share this with everyone. If your looking for a good call give Lyle a shout. He will take care of you long after the sale is done. Thanks Lyle.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

rdmar

Lyle us a stand up guy with great customer service last year I put a post looking for a ceramic call and didn't have much money he got in touch with me and let me buy a call he used as display at shows

tha bugman

Lyle is a great guy and makes some awesome calls

Houndstooth Game Calls

Sorry I haven't been on here as much as I like it's been a busy pre season but man I have enjoyed every minute of it! So big thanks to all of ya and the nice comments..