Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Gotta see it to believe it!

Started by trkehunr93, June 26, 2013, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

I was at one of our facilities at work one day last week and when I was parking I saw a hen standing in the front lawn, no biggie cause there is a patch of woods close by.  I figured she would run/fly as I approached but much to my surprise, as you will see, she did not.  My best guess is she had poults or a nest close by and was playing injured, she was walking around normal when I saw her .  Def. once in a lifetime opportunity to touch a live wild turkey that is not penned up.  I just wish I had paid attention to the direction of my iPhone as I was touching her, that did not show up too well in the video.

davisd9

That was pretty sweet.  I was up your way on Monday before last and last Sunday.  Was driving through on 81 coming back from a fishing trip in NY.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

This was pretty crazy.  Did you go 81 to 5-81/220?  If so you practically drove by my house.  Don't be a stranger next time.  How was the fishing?

davisd9

Stayed on 81 until we got to NY, then we got on 30.  I will have to take you up on it next time I am up that way.  Plan on getting a bird mounted by the guy you used when I get one I want to mount.  That was a long ride.

Fishing went well.  We caught trout, bass, perch, bream, bullheads, and pickerel.  Lots of fun.  The river was high to begin with but by the end it was down to where we could wade and fish.  I think I caught 20 fish or so and my wife caught around 15 and the others combined around 35 or so.  Great fish buffet on Saturday evening.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ShotGunSniper

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag