Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2013 Hunt's

Started by JVA54, December 09, 2012, 10:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JVA54

Anyone have any out of state hunt's planed for this year or are you going to just hunt your home state. I would like to go some were, but my old's son is getting married right in the middle of turkey season. :bike2: I told him he was going to regret that the rest of his life, anyway he's my hunting buddy so I know he wont be able to go, so I probably wont go by myself.

davisd9

First off Congratulations to your son but like you said, he needs to work on his timing.  I have a few states that I am seriously considering.  Those states are Florida, Mississippi, and Kentucky.  Not sure I will be able to hunt all three but would like to and the only thing that would keep me from doing so is time off of work.  The Florida and Mississippi trips should not be too hard to get together, but the Kentucky ones depends on whether or not I can tag out here is SC without having to use a bunch of time off work. 

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

Don't have 2013 planned out yet, but I will definitely hunt LA and MS, with FL and KS as maybe's. I hate to leave my home birds while our season is open. I've got pretty good hunting in both MS and LA, but would love to head somewhere once they close. I did pick up another spot in MS to hunt as a guest with a friend and he claims it is loaded with them. Definitely going to check out that place in February. Also thinking about scouting some state land near my Fayette, MS spot. I've hunted it before just not in this stretch, but it is some very pretty woods with big hardwoods and old pines with very few roads. Should be worth a few mornings if I can located a bird or two preseason. Be awhile since I've hunted big mature timber and I'm looking forward to that. Been stashing vacation time away and I'm hoping work lets me get away with a banner Spring.

trkehunr93

Just good old VA for me this spring.  New baby tends to keep you close to the home fires  ;).

dirt road ninja

KS is looking more and more likely. Now I'm looking at a early May road trip. Going to try and hunt a few days in OK on my way to KS. There are a few WMA's in OK that are on the way, and that I can reach them with a 1 day drive. Should be a experience at the least.

davisd9

Excited for you.  It sounds like it is going to be a great hunt!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

boomer

dirt road ninja

Season is looking like MS, LA , OK, and KS. I might be able to stumble on one or two.

turkeykiller22

This spring I will be in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kansas, Nebraska, and I am trying to work in Florida so I can try for the Grand Slam! We shall see how it turns out! Good luck to everyone this spring!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

WNY Bowhunter

My season will start here in NY with our youth hunt on 4/20-4/21.  Then, it'll be off to Indiana from 4/24-4/26 and possibly a couple days in KY too if time allows.  I'll get home just in time for our opener on 5/1 and will hunt every day until I fill both tags or until season ends @ noon on 5/31...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

davisd9

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on March 07, 2013, 12:10:27 PM
My season will start here in NY with our youth hunt on 4/20-4/21.  Then, it'll be off to Indiana from 4/24-4/26 and possibly a couple days in KY too if time allows.  I'll get home just in time for our opener on 5/1 and will hunt every day until I fill both tags or until season ends @ noon on 5/31...

Sounds like you are going to have an exciting season. Would love to be able to multiple states this year.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2