North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Easy photo posting

Started by FullChoke, May 02, 2024, 11:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Team Mates,

I understand that the new look of the board can be confusing, but in reality it functions very similarly to the previous one. The subject of posting the scoring photos has come up and I think a quick refresher course might help. I understand that this new board is Tapatalk friendly, but I can't verify this as I don't use Tapatalk.

In order to keep the OG server from becoming ridiculously overloaded, the use of links to separate photo hosting services helps keep things working better. There are several free photo hosting sites online (WIX, IMGUR, Flickr, Imgbox, etc.) that all function in essentially the same way. (I personally use IMGUR) Easy steps - You register an account on the site, you upload photos from your phone or digital camera into your account on that site, you crop or manipulate the size of the photos, you copy the embeddable link of the photo (BBCode for message boards or forums), you paste the link where you want it on the Old Gobbler post that you are creating. Preview the post, make any last minute changes to it then hit Post.

Once you get the hang of the procedures of the particular host that you are using, it will become a second nature activity.

Please PM me if you have any questions about posting your photos.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

callaway71

I thought I posted this yesterday but must not have hit post.

I use tapatalk to post pics on here. Very easy. I've used Imgur in the past but recently when I tried the copied link would only post the link to Imgur not a pic, even when I used the brackets and img. Was hoping it would be a temporary bug but hasn't worked yet.