OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hugest gobbler I ever saw!

Started by Thundermtn, April 14, 2015, 09:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundermtn

Man did I see a whopper yesterday!  He was in a field edge at a job I was going to. His head looked as big as a softball and was way bigger looking than my biggest I ever killed, a 26#er I killed a couple years ago. He was walking next to a barbedwire fence so I could tell how tall he was and when went back to check how tall he was in normal upright walking it was just shy of 40".

Anyone ever see something like that or kill one that went over 30#?

owlhoot

NJstrutter

Hunting buddy killed a 28#er. Never saw a 30#er hunting or driving the roads.

mgm1955

Don't know if I've got enough shotgun for one over 30#. :TooFunny:

Thundermtn

Quote from: mgm1955 on April 14, 2015, 10:44:41 PM
Don't know if I've got enough shotgun for one over 30#. :TooFunny:

Lol. One of the guys that taught me to turkey hunt had a recurring nightmare that he called in a tom as big as a t-rex and it tried to eat him.

darn2ten

Biggest bird I ever killed was just shy of 27 lbs.

natman

The biggest one I ever saw was the first one I ever shot. He was huge and he flew across a meadow to find me with his harem trailing behind him. After I shot him he tried to stand up again and got back on his feet, but couldn't raise his head because his neck was broken. Then he realized he was dead and fell over.

His harem was yelping trying to find him, but from the gobbles they received in reply I realized they wouldn't be lonely for long.

He weighed 22 pounds - plucked, cleaned and ready for the oven. I wish I'd thought to weigh him beforehand.  :-[