turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Matt McLain

Started by M Sharpe, April 28, 2015, 08:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M Sharpe

This year in Nashville, I saw that Matt McLain had one black mangrove trumpet at his booth. I didn't buy it. When I got home I got to thinking about it again. Since I had one of his older styled trumpets made from this wood and had killed several turkeys with it, I had to have another. This one has a buffalo horn mp. It sounds mighty good!! In fact the wife is kinda eyeing it for her own collection! He also sent me a bobinga striker too. It's a keeper!!
Thanks Matt!!!

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

mgm1955

Awesome trumpet Mark!! I know it spits feathers. Great looking striker.

davisd9

Great looking call Mr. Mark. Going to have to pick up a McLain myself before long. Hopefully that thing is not too "full of hen" and heavy. ;)

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

turkey-slayer

You got a very nice trumpet yelper from Matt. I got one only difference being it has an ivory mouthpiece. That Mangrove wood is hard to come by and it sure makes for a nice call. Turkeys are in trouble again! Nice Babinga striker also. Congrats

mmclain

One of these days I'm going to send some mangrove off to be stabilized.....hard to get ......

nice photo!!

thanks

Matt

Kates

I have a trumpet on order as well and looking forward to it. Matt IMO, makes the best tube out there.

M Sharpe

He builds a pretty mean trumpet too! This one is going to the woods with me in the morning!!

Hope you doing ok there bud!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: M Sharpe on April 30, 2015, 10:45:47 PM
He builds a pretty mean trumpet too! This one is going to the woods with me in the morning!!

Hope you doing ok there bud!!
Mark, Is this the same cocobolo trumpet that was being sold by mpw?
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

M Sharpe

No. This trumpet is black mangrove. It sounded real good in the turkey woods this morning! I did buy 2 cocobolo trumpets from Matt this year in Nashville. One with ivory mp and the other with buffalo horn mp. Both of those are first class as well!

Mark

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: M Sharpe on May 01, 2015, 04:17:52 PM
No. This trumpet is black mangrove. It sounded real good in the turkey woods this morning! I did buy 2 cocobolo trumpets from Matt this year in Nashville. One with ivory mp and the other with buffalo horn mp. Both of those are first class as well!

Mark
Thanks  :icon_thumright:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-