OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

friends

Started by M Sharpe, October 24, 2014, 12:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M Sharpe

I joined my first turkey forum in 2009 and since then I've met numerous friends. Some I've never met. I tied a lanyard for a fellow at Nashville one year and since he has become a treasured friend that I see in Nashville every year and one I talk to on a regular basis. The list is too long to mention. I've made calls for people I've never met. but consider them good friends. To the point that their fathers can't comprehend. One example is Brad Colvin.His father can't grasp our friendship since we've never met. So, I decided to take it one step further and build him, Brad's father, a call. Here it is.......

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

outdoors

WOW THATS JUST DOWN RIGHT GENERASE
THATS A REALY NICE LOOKING CALL , IM SHURE HE WILL LIKE IT
AND ENJOY IT.     A W E S O M E.   :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

savduck

Mark that's mighty fine. I like the brass on them now. Brad is good people. I bet his Dad will love that call.
Georgia Boy

M Sharpe

Thanks guys! Brad's father had already made a few comments about them, while he and Brad were hunting. Brad's father is getting on in years, and from what Brad says, has a hard time getting into the turkey woods. Makes my day for a son to give back to his father, just to hear how it brought a smile to an old guy's face just to sit in the woods once more......reminiscing about days gone past. Times when he gave of himself to have a little boy trailing along behind him. One that asked too many questions, one that slowed his hunting way down, one that cut his mobility way down, one that always had a way of moving at the wrong time; but yet, one that thought his father was "King" of the woods! Faith in our Lord, Jesus Christ, is most of the time handed down from generation to generation....so are hunting traditions.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

silverspur

Whata great gesture and a great looking call as always, enjoy your talant.  Yes I have  great friends through the forums some I have met and others that I condsider friends through PMs and phone calls.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

mgm1955

Quote from: silverspur on October 25, 2014, 08:44:14 AM
Whata great gesture and a great looking call as always, enjoy your talant.  Yes I have  great friends through the forums some I have met and others that I condsider friends through PMs and phone calls.
X2

boatpaddle

Mark....

Typical perfection coming from your hands...

I'm sure Mr. Colvin will enjoy his new call & hopefully, a friendship with you, as well...
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

M Sharpe

Thanks Zum, you're one of those too! Was thinking about you today!!!!

mwr

Great Call Mark!! Nice gesture!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

The Cohutta Strutter

Anybody seen America lately?

hunter22

Awesome looking call and wonderful gesture. Your work just continues to get better and better.

momma hen 12

Mark Sharpe.A humble God fearing generous man that I am proud to call a friend.His attention to detail,sound,and customer satisfaction on his calls are second to none.I have 3 wing bones and 2 of his cane calls that are all turkey.Give Mark a call.You will be glad you did.

davisd9

It is a pleasure to call Mr. Mark a friend of mine. I also consider him a mentor to me. Always willing to answer my questions. I have never done more than speak on the phone with him but I know he would do anything for me if I needed it and I hope he knows I would do the same. Cannot wait to meet up for lunch one day and shake his hand. It is a pleasure to know Mr. Mark and I always enjoy our conversations! It is amazing what a common live for something will do for the soul.

I know the gentleman will love the call! Never can amaze me by the goodness of Mr. Mark. Christ is shown through him!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Champ63

Very nice Mark!  ...... I certainly hope to have one of your calls one day.

Old Timer53

That's one fine cane !  Mark

Congrats

:icon_thumright: