OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mailbox Eye Candy

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, April 27, 2022, 06:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

I received 2 trumpets this week.  As you can tell I'm on a trumpet binge.  I love good looking wood and I often buy nice pieces of wood to send to call makers.

First up is this trumpet made from Curupay (often called Patagonian Rosewood) from Misfire.  When I saw this blank I had to have it and sent it to Lee to make a call.  What I received from Lee blew my mind!  It's easy to run and it satisfies my need for well figured wood. 

Next is a Bois de Rose trumpet from Greg Gwaltney.  I had been chatting with Greg about call woods, and I have a blank of Bois de Rose, but when Greg mentioned how good his blanks looked I went with his stock.  To say I was not disappointed is an understatement!  It's a player too!

Stay tuned for more...
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

sbbow

Congrats on some GREAT HORNS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatpaddle

Congratulations on a fine pair of calls...

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

packmule

Those are gorgeous calls!

Sixes

Great looking cals from 2 great craftsmen.

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

JeffC

They both look great, good luck with them, now go get some blood on them.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

EZ

davisd9

Rose de Bois is a beautiful wood, one of my favorites. Having said that one t has darkened faster than any other I have had. Enjoy it now cause it will change quickly. Mr. Lee makes a dang good call!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: davisd9 on April 28, 2022, 08:09:40 AM
Rose de Bois is a beautiful wood, one of my favorites. Having said that one t has darkened faster than any other I have had. Enjoy it now cause it will change quickly. Mr. Lee makes a dang good call!
I plan on keeping it in complete darkness as much as possible.  I do plan on using it this afternoon though.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Beautiful trumpets .... congrats

misfire

Glad you like it brother, hope it serves you well for many years to come.

Lee
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: misfire on April 29, 2022, 02:44:19 PM
Glad you like it brother, hope it serves you well for many years to come.

Lee
It's a player Lee!  I plan on trying it out in the woods this weekend!

2nd 100

As Donald said . My KP turned dark quicker than any wood I have owned and after the initial month to kill 5 or 6 it's been in my room that is fairly blacked out and it still turned . I'm still super happy with it and the sound hasn't changed one bit . Still a killer that I could tote tomorrow !