turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I'm an idiot and fell in the creek

Started by kayl, Today at 01:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kayl

Out hunting today and kind of got rushed by a pop-up thunderstorm and decided to try a creek crossing at a spot that I'd only e-scouted. Needless to say, it was deeper than it looked. I got wet up to my shoulders, so my whole turkey vest and calls are soaked. I'm not worried about the pot calls or strikers, I assume that they'll be fine drying out. Is there anything that and I should do special with my box call?

Tom007

Let it dry naturally inside. Hopefully it doesn't warp. Should be ok. Maybe someone on here has experience with this? Good luck...
"Solo hunter"

kayl

I've got everything laid out in our guest room with a dehumidifier set to 35% and a few fans. We'll see. The box call wasn't as wet as I would have expected from immersion, so I think it'll be ok.

lalongbeard75

I always carry a gallon ziplock bag for rain or creek crossings. Once a box call is wet it usually doesn't sound right again. I've heard of guys putting them in the oven on the lowest temp with the door cracked and drying them out?
I have a really old box call I called in my first 1/2 dozen gobblers with, I make certain to keep it dry.

Zobo

I would wipe it dry with a towel as best as possible and open the lid off to the side. Maybe even unscrew it and let air dry at room temperature.
I left a good box call outside once and it rained overnight. It dried out fine and sounds perfect. It was a dense wood species with a nice poly type of finish so I'm sure that helped.
Good luck to you.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Lcmacd 58