OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Locator Calls

Started by uk.turkey.hunter, March 25, 2019, 12:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk.turkey.hunter

What's your best locator call? I'm in the market for a good locator call as well.

Rzrbac

Mr. Gibson makes a great owl call as well as great crow calls. If his open Reed owl is not for you, Harrison Hootin' Stick.

uk.turkey.hunter

Do you know how to contact him by chance?

Rzrbac

Just sent you a PM. You will enjoy chatting with him, he's a wealth of knowledge.

High plains drifter

Kylongspur88

Owl hoot. Goose call works well too. I'd say crow call is probably the least effective for me. Maybe because of the amount of crows here?

Bowguy

Gibson Crow, Harrison Hooter

Plush

I know a lot of people like to go owl hoot early and during the day switch to a crow/goose/etc.

Could one honestly just hoot all day?

GobbleNut

My advice is to learn to gobble on a tube call.  It is LOUD. which is the key, and will often pull a gobble out of the most reluctant birds. :icon_thumright:

Kytomgetter

catman529

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on March 25, 2019, 05:42:28 PM
Owl hoot. Goose call works well too. I'd say crow call is probably the least effective for me. Maybe because of the amount of crows here?
I've never used a goose call but here in the south a turkey will gobble at a Canada goose at least as well as it will gobble at a crow or owl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tomstopper

Owl call

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Quote from: Bowguy on March 25, 2019, 08:50:55 PM
Gibson Crow, Harrison Hooter

Those are the two I carry.

ggrue

I think goose calls are interesting.  Its something that most hunters, especially when hunting land might not use.

Bowguy

Quote from: ggrue on March 29, 2019, 05:37:41 AM
I think goose calls are interesting.  Its something that most hunters, especially when hunting land might not use.
There's prob lots of calls you haven't thought of. Goose may be a more common one alongside peacock, woodpecker, coyote. Coyote I don't use but peacock can be fantastic too