OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DSD customer service

Started by 762hunter, April 15, 2015, 05:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

762hunter

Have any of you had any issues with DSD decoys and had to deal with their customer service?

I was wondering what to expect.

I bought the breeding pair last year and just noticed the beak to the hen is broken

I just went to their website and submitted a note through their contact page.

I have a feeling they are going to tell me to "Go bump a stump"

Thats a $120 decoy so I hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

So you have never hunted with these?

Snoodsniper

I used to date a girl that looked just like her. Not much to look at  but performed fine in the field. Seriously though even if they won't take it back I can't believe a gobbler will care about her cleft beak.

Fullfan

120.00 for a decoy is crazy, and for that price dsd should carry it around for you...
Don't gobble at me...

mgm1955

Let us know what happens. Lots of DSD owners here.

NorfolkHunter

I've never had any issues with mine. Have a buddy who had some paint issues on the back of his one hen. He took pictures and sent the issue to DSD. We are in Ontario Canada and he was very happy how it was handled. Our experience has been exceptional with both the company and the product.

Ishi

I had paint issues also a year ago. They said send pics so I did and they sent me a new one and they paid postage return for the bad one.They treated me fine but for a broken beak I don't know? Was it there fault or yours :anim_25:
The Spirit Lives On

VaTuRkStOmPeR

You bough it last year and now you're discovering this? No offense, but that beak looks shot or smashed. 

The timing is extended and the picture very much looks like abuse. Not a problem I'd expect DSD to take responsibility for at this point.

mudhen

Looks like operator error to me...

Check the nut behind the gun...

Zero issues with many ACE decoys...

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Old Gobbler

I would call them up , and you will likely get well taken care of

DSD has a reputation for excellent service
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

bszweda

My Jake was missing his beard ... DSD sent me a beard and I glued it on. Overall I had a positive experience

762hunter

Ok going to try and answer all the questions...
Yes these have been hunted with.
I agree it appears it has been smashed or dropped.

I got a quick response back from thier customer service and they said send it back in and they will either fix it good as new or send me a new decoy.

I will get it sent out today, so we'll see.

Thanks for some of the responses, as for the rest of you....well nevermind.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

So it has been hunted, you agree it appears shot or smashed, it's a year old and you think some of us are jacked up?
Take a long look in the mirror, bro.

Dan Mallia

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on April 16, 2015, 05:55:30 PM
So it has been hunted, you agree it appears shot or smashed, it's a year old and you think some of us are jacked up?
Take a long look in the mirror, bro.

Yep.

762hunter

I came in here simply asking if anyone has had any experience with their customer service.

I did not ask anyone if they thought this damage was due to abuse or from being shot, I also did not ask any opinions on if the decoy was worth $120.

So after taking a look in the mirror I still conclude that some of you reflect more of what I'd call a balloon knot, thank you for hijacking this thread and turning it into something completely different that what it was intended for.

As I said in the 1st post, I wouldn't be surprised if they told me to go bump a stump as this decoy has been used/hunted with and for the fact that I have owned it for a year.
Point of the matter is DSD said to send it back to them and they will fix or replace so I am pleased with their service.
Thanks again to those that posted anything worth while.