turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

step sons first bird!!

Started by jim67, April 07, 2012, 07:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim67

Well the good lord looked down on us this morning in NC youth hunt. We set up in a ground blind at daybreak, Gobbles all around us till 8 AM! I called every so often, well at about 8 30 I hit the Cody one more time then BOOM! right behind us coming in. He boomed at every call I made so I gave him a dose of silence. That worked, he came in s l o w ly,when he saw one of the decoys he upped the pace right into range for th 14yo and his Mossberg tactical turkey 835, put the smack down. This was a text book hunt, the trigger was pulled at 9AM. 1in spurs, bulk of the beard was 10in,but one strand measured 17in. Sorry I dont know how to post pictures, maybe I can get the wife to later.Thanks for reading.                        Jim

M,Yingling

Congrats to your son ,,Thats good bird  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

JVA54

beagler

Never Misses

VA_Birdhunter

Congrats!!  :icon_thumright: A memory you will never forget!!!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

boomer

Congrats!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Hognutz

Congrats.. Nice when a plan comes together..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Reloader

Congrats.  17" is a pretty good beard for a beginner :D

spur collector

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

ncturkey

Sweet first bird for your boy.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)