OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Speedbead mount loose? Frustration

Started by TheSportsman, March 02, 2017, 09:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

OK so I put a speedbead fastfire 3 on my benelli sbe 1. Everything tight! Shot 5-7 longbeards xrs and I could wiggle the sight! Took gun apart and the metal bracket of the speedbead is loose. All screws tight. But I can still wiggle it. Not real happy about it. Am I missing something here?

357MAGNOLE

I had same problems, but instead of it getting really loose it just got loose enough that I kept losing zero. Sold it, did a drill and tap and never looked back.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Ridge Rooster

Did you tighten the screw that bottoms out on the stock? I had missed that when I messed around with the Speed Bead and got frustrated and took mine off only to realize that I had not tightened the set screw that puts pressure on the but stock.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

SumToy

mount it to the top of the gun on a base and go have fun.
:anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

taylorjones20

I tried the speedbead as well as a couple of my buddies. We done everything we could think of to get them to hold zero and it never worked...  We just gave up messing with them. 
Alive only by the Grace Of God

BottomLand54

1) send to sumtoy
2) have him drill and tap reciever
3) have him install his mount
4) install ff2/ff3/vortex venom
5)sight in (optional but extremely recommended sumtoy choke)
6) wait on season
7) call in bird
8) shoot bird

To be honest I have never messed with a speed bead mount I about went that direction until I read way too many mixed reviews and once I seen it I said that thing is a floppy joppy. Just my personal opinion. I do believe the sumtoy mount to be the best available in the industry tho!