OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Fast Fire III screw apparently stripped on 336 base. Happened to anyone else?

Started by TeamCF, February 16, 2016, 10:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeamCF

I have the Fast Fire III and the 336 Martin Base. Fits perfectly onto the gun and feels very solid. The problem comes when I try and put the site onto the base. The screw on the right side if you are looking through the site has seemed to strip and I cannot tighten the screw down at all.

I was sure to be very careful the first time and I did not think I went too hard or far as it never really stopped even with low pressure. It seems to strip for no reason. I emailed Burris and got another base on the away but being impatient I bought another base so I could have it faster. Well this 2nd time installing it just now the same thing happened and I was even more careful then the first time. Has this happened to anyone else? The screw on the left side has been fine on both bases and I have put even more pressure on it then the right seemingly stripped screw. None of the other threads have seemed to have a problem.

It is very frustrating because the sight looks great on the gun and while it looks like it may be aiming high even on the lowest elevation setting I have not yet taken it too range.

Once I do take it too range what yardage should I sight it in at? If I center my pattern at 40 yards will it be any higher or lower at say 15yds? What is the best way to sight in a 0 power reflex sight like this?

Roost 1

TeamCF

Sweet. Is using lower recoil bird shot to get the pattern centered good enough? Then using the turkey loads to dial it in and pattern it?

backwater

Take a look at the post on the top of this section.  Very good detailed instructions on sighting in your red dot.   Used it myself last week.   Good luck.

TeamCF

I am not sure why I never looked at the sticky. Gonna try and site it in this weekend. I am hoping the screw is a non issue and will hold up to everything. It barely in there.

mwr

TeamCF

Ok, great. I have been looking for that solution as well. So far 2/3 gun shops in area do not have a longer one haha.

turkey_slayer

If you have a fastenal in your area or any nut and bolt store check with them. If they don't have them they can get them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

backwater

We have a Fastenal rep in house where I work.  They did not carry the screws.  I ordered mine on line.  I'm at work so I don't have the link but Google scope NJscrews.  I'll get the link and post it when I get home.

I got mine at.   castbullet.com.    cheap and fast shipping.

TeamCF

I went to another gun shop today and we put on 2 new screws that go all the way to the bottom of the base and are perfect. Beyond happy with it and will sight in tomorrow with confidence. My scope wont fly off half way through the season. The factory screws really don't go very far in. I wonder why they chose that size?