OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

MOUNTING A BURRIS FASTFIRE 3 ON AN SUPER X3 W/CANTILEVER BARREL??

Started by SKFOOTER, December 23, 2014, 02:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

Do I need the picatinny mount to mount the FastFire 3 to the cantilever portion of my SX3 barrel??  If not, how do I mount it?  Thanks.   :OGturkeyhead:

d.winsor

Mount the base that comes with the fast fire III to the Cantilever and then mount the Fast Fire III to the base, simple and easy to do.

SKFOOTER

So do I buy the one with the picatinny mount or the one without it???

d.winsor

When I bought my fastfire III it came with a base, I do not think it was the Picatinny base.  I just removed the base (I think it was the weaver style) and installed it.
I think the Picatinny base and the weaver base will interchange if I am not wrong.

d.winsor

SKFOOTER

Thanks!  Did you get the 3 MOA or the 8 MOA??  And could you please tell me what model # you have so I can get the same one to fit my SX3 20 gauge cantilever?? 

d.winsor

Here is the one that I got (#300234 w/3 MOA dot)  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Burris-FastFire-III-MOA-Red-Dot-Sight-300234-Fast-Fire-3-With-Picatinny-Mount-/311094602127

I was wrong about the mount being a Weaver mount, it is a Picatinny mount, don't fret the cantilever is a weaver base but the Picatinny mount will work,  great on my SX3 cantilever. 

If you have any questions or doubts call the support line at Winchester, they can satisfy you 100 %

Good Shooting.

Snoodsniper

Weaver and picatinny are pretty much the same. More cross slots in picatinny. Maybe slightly different profile.

Deast1988

ncturkey