OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Will this work as a turkey scope?

Started by vpsalin, May 15, 2014, 07:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vpsalin

Bushnell Elite 3200 2-7x32 Multi-X...?

How much would it cost to drill+tap and old wingmaster and buy an appropriate rail for it?
1966 870_WM / 20'' Deer RS / IC .665 / SHURSHOT / 1.75-5x32 Legend HD / LB_XR_3''_#5

Excalibur Micro335 RT / Nikon Bolt XR / Luminok Quills / CX Torrid SS 85GR w.Adders

Excalibur Grizzly305 MO / Deadzone / Luminok Quills / CX Torrid SS 85GR w.Adders

d.winsor

a red dot ultradot west has a lifetime warranty.  I have used scopes and red dots like the fastfire 3, I have both on guns right now, the fastfire 3 has a lifetime warranty.  I prefer a sight like the fastfire 3, or Ultradot.  I'd check into it.  Before I drill and tap an old 870 wingmaster I would check with remington to see if it can be drilled and tapped.  I have one and was told it could not be.  Next best if you can't is to go with a saddle mount, made by Weaver, Millet or B-square.  Also eye relief on Bushnell Elite is only 3".  I don't think that would be enough for a turkey gun.  Maybe if you were shooting 2 3/4" loads, even then a small turkey load has a kick to it to.  Good Luck  From personal experience Burris has super Customer Service.

Spurcollecta

I like a scope but I'd look for something with a little more eye relief

alloutdoors

Quote from: d.winsor on May 15, 2014, 11:20:16 PM
the fastfire 3 only has a one year warranty.

This is wrong. Burris has a "forever" warranty on all their optics, FF3 included. It even applies if you buy the sight used.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/warranty.html

d.winsor

Might be but if you buy a Fastfire 3 you will see the warranty card says one year warranty only.  I bought one.  I saw that too before I bought it, kind of misleading isn't it.  Call burris if you don't believe me.

alloutdoors

No, I don't doubt that's what your warranty card says, but the addition of the Fastfire sights to the forever warranty is recent. You bought your sight before the policy went into effect, or at least the sight was manufactured before the policy went into effect. All Fastfire sights are covered though, even older ones and older models.

d.winsor

Not saying you are wrong, I hope you are right, but I sent Burris an e-mail and asked them, if it is not a lifetime warranty I will post it.

deadbuck

The scope pictured in the original post will work, but there are way better options. I have a $59 3x9x40 Simmons cheapo on my gun right now and it works, but I am upgrading this year. I am leaning toward a pistol scope with extended eye relief.

Twowithone

I got me a Simmons Pro Diamond on my turkey rig and its still going strong. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

CrustyRusty

Ward is correct, they are all now covered by the forever warranty.  I had bought a ff3 that had the one year warranty card in it, but when I went to register my sight online there was no way to report purchase date.  I called burris and was told the sight is now inclusive of the forever warranty.

Quote from: d.winsor on May 16, 2014, 08:50:59 PM
Not saying you are wrong, I hope you are right, but I sent Burris an e-mail and asked them, if it is not a lifetime warranty I will post it.

d.winsor

The first fastfire 3 I bought I registered online also and had to put a purchase date on it.  I had to send mine back because of numerous problems, They sent me a new one when I registered it, I could not remember my original purchase date so I looked up the invoice and copied the purchase date off of it.  Like I said I hope you all are right.

d.winsor

I got tired of waiting for burris to e-mail me so I called them, as of Jan 1, 2014 Fastfire 3 red dots have a lifetime warranty.