turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dipping a fastfire protector

Started by Uvagobbler, February 07, 2014, 04:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uvagobbler

I have a ff iii and a 336 mount. I purchased the protector with the picatenny mount. I removed the picatenny base. Has anyone had the protector or 336 dipped? I was wondering if it caused any mounting issues or problems. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike

WildSpur

Nope!  This is just the protector but I imagine you will have no problem.  The finish is very thin and should have a clear coat protectant that is also very thin.  You will be fine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

chatterbox

If you ever decide to, you can also have the rain guard dipped as well. Lostncamo did my dip job in New MOBU. If you want to get the protector dipped, I would suggest using them as well, if you want it done in Mossy Oak.

WildSpur

Chatterbox---is that what your cover Is called.  I searched online for that and had no luck.  Sweet camo job btw!

Cluck more, yelp less

Twowithone

Is that a Winchester 1300 looks good.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Twowithone

Wildspur who did your dipping what company.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

gophert

I dipped mine myself.  Worked and installed fine.

Uvagobbler

I appreciate all the suggestions and answers. I'm new to the ff and want to do things right. My 20 ga. 11-87 is in MO break-up and I want to have it dipped to match. My ff iii came with the rain guard. Can't wait to have the gun set up and and try some fed heavyweight 7's with my new Sumtoy.
    Thanks, Mike.

WildSpur

Mine was dipped by Color and Camo.

Cluck more, yelp less

chatterbox

Quote from: WildSpur on February 07, 2014, 10:13:23 PM
Chatterbox---is that what your cover Is called.  I searched online for that and had no luck.  Sweet camo job btw!

Thanks!
I believe it is just called a rain guard, and it comes with the FFIII's. Not sure you can buy one direct from Burris or not.

WildSpur

Ok.  Thanks.   I have a 2.  That's why I never seen one.

Cluck more, yelp less

Uvagobbler

I feel better about the dipping of the protector. I received longer screws and star washers with the protector. Should they be long enough with the protector? Is there a torque value also? Sorry for all the questions, this is my first time with the fastfire. Any info or tips would be appreciated.