OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dead On at 40yds....Mueller site question

Started by redleg06, March 26, 2012, 08:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg06

Well I busted my first bird of the 2012 season yesterday with my Mueller topped turkey rig and he was at about 30 yards and I wouldnt have wanted him much closer shooting the TSS.

I got the gun dialed in at 40 yards and I started thinking, will my POI/POA vary if I move in to 20 yards?

I should have just shot a round at 20 to see while I was sighting it in but didnt think about it until a buddy asked me about it and I honestly hadnt really ever gave it consideration. 

I dont want to think about what each shell of TSS cost me but if you guys know from experience what, if any difference I might see in the vertical POA/POI  by moving from 40 to 20yds, that would save me a shell and a trip to the range.

Thanks!

jasperjet

do yourself a favor set it up at 20 and touch it off with birdshot see if that eases yo mind if not put a money shot on it.

sugarray

I wouldn't worry about it.  It would be very small if any.  Look at my 10 yd and 40 yd pattern from the 835.  That is very small, and you won't miss with it.

mightyjoeyoung

You shouldn't see a huge difference unless you're under 15 yards or so.  Then your pattern center will be about as far below your poa as the sight is above the muzzle of the gun...maybe an inch or two...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

mossy835

Quote from: sugarray on March 28, 2012, 08:43:12 PM
I wouldn't worry about it.  It would be very small if any.  Look at my 10 yd and 40 yd pattern from the 835.  That is very small, and you won't miss with it.
Have to agree that is the same for me out of the 835!