OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

nikon btr help

Started by knightrider, March 19, 2012, 09:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightrider

i put a nikon on the little twenty and i had to dial it all the way up,i mean there is not a click left in it!! im still shooting the center of my pattern 3 in low at 40 any suggestions on what i may need to do to correct this here are the specs. utg moss500 scope rail with weaver quad lock medium rings on a mossy 500 20 ga

BurrisOptics

You can use our Signature Rings with the offset inserts.  You can gain another 40 MOA using that. 

Frankinthelaurels

What size rings are you using..if there too high it can cause a problem, get the medium or low rings and that should take care of the problem.. you can also shim the base but easier to change ring height.

VAlongbeard84

A low ring should get you there......

knightrider

put low rings on and still having to aim at top of head to put center of pattern in the waddels,i give up i guess il just aim high until after season then i will try a different base :bike2:

Spurcollecta

Quote from: knightrider on March 26, 2012, 07:33:35 PM
put low rings on and still having to aim at top of head to put center of pattern in the waddels,i give up i guess il just aim high until after season then i will try a different base :bike2:

I had the same problem with my nikon btr. I sent it back to nikon and when I got it back it was better but I still ran out of adjustment! I ended up shimming it. If it wasn't for the extra eye relief I'd put my older monarch back on. I like the diamond reticle w/ the fine crosshairs alot better anyway!

chipper

Burris Signature rings.