OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fastfire Gurus?????

Started by st8tman, March 12, 2012, 01:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

st8tman

Guys,
          I intend on putting a FFIII on my gun before Spring Gobbler. I want the 8 moa with no mount, as I plan to do the Marlin 336 mount on a SBEII. Today is my day off and I have called EVERYONE under the sun....to NO Avail! Everywhere I checked was out of stock...Backordered! I did find the 8 moa with the picatelly mount, and the lady sold it to me for same cost. Probably a dumb question as I have never fooled with these sights before......Will I be able to simply take the Picatelly Mount off and put on the 336? Excuse me for my ignorance, but the way I look at it, you will never know unless you ask! Thanks inadvance for your time.

BurrisOptics

Yes you can.  That's not a problem.

st8tman

Thanks to both of you for your replys! You can always count on fellow hunters, despite what the Liberals of the world say! Amen!

mightyjoeyoung

I thought the 336 mount didn't fit the hole spacing on the SBE II??? 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

bird

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 12, 2012, 06:24:39 PM
I thought the 336 mount didn't fit the hole spacing on the SBE II??? 

It doesn't.... What they are talking about is that the scope will fit on the Pic mount or the Marlin 336 mount as those holes are the same on both mounts for the scope.  To attach the mount to the gun you will need either a rail for the Pic mount or have the gun drilled and tapped for the Marlin 336 mount.

Does that make sense?  Clear as mud... lol.

bird

st8tman

Bird,
        You brought up another issue I need addressed. Do most guys drill the additional hole needed for the 336 mount in front of the front hole already on the SBEII or behind the rear hole? Thanks for your time.

BurrisOptics

I think it depends on where you want the sight mounted not that its going to change much.  I don't think it makes much of a difference as far as structural integrity goes. 

st8tman