OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

walnut and red cedar air dried blanks

Started by gobblerguide, May 18, 2011, 09:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblerguide

I posted this about 2 mo ago,but am gonna repost.I have a huge lot of 20yr old furniture grade walnut boards that were gonna be used for furniture but we are selling for turkey calls.This has been air dried under a shed and will make some beautiful classy calls,most of the wood is 8in wide by 1to 13/4 thick.Some of the boards are12 in wide.Also have a large amount of cedar sawn into different sizes.Located in Siler City NC.Call me at 408189221 Tony.We will make a package deal on whatever you need.
Worse than the bird flu on gobblers!

Cut*N*Run

gobblerguide

405 818 9221 screwed up the number.Tony J Mitchell

TarheelTurk

I live near by is there anyway you can post some pics & how much are you asking per board?
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

gobblerguide

absolutely, the walnut is 4.00 per running foot,pick what will work for you and the cedar is 1.50 a foot.you will have a hard time finding blanks like these that have been stored and dried for years.i have to go over and take some pics next week so i would be glad to post pics.just call me if you wanna ride over next week and see it in person.Tony 405 818 9221.

culpeper

Hi Tony,

I am interested for sure, but seeing and knowing the grain is essential for making box calls and that is all I do.  Pics would be super and end grain shots will help me decide.  I would be interested in both woods.  What are some of the cedar sizes you have avaliable?  Please take pics of both and post.

Thanks so much

Scott Witter
Whole-Grain Box Calls
witterdesign@gmail.com

gobblerguide

Scott,going over to the storage sheds tomorrow and will take pics and send you,if you are close you can come and pic wood that will work best for you.We have allsizes of cedar  1x8  1x10  2x8 4x4s also,the walnut is local nc trees cut 15 to 20yrs ago,i think you will be impressed like i said it was gonna go for furniture .Tony.

culpeper

Tony, I sent you a PM, check it.  Scott

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

gobblerguide

email me your addy and i will send you some pics.Jeff from twisting creek calls is coming Monday to pu a load of wood.