News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fall Turkey season

Started by Mossberg90MN, August 05, 2020, 01:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: GobbleGitr on August 12, 2020, 10:04:04 PM
Look forward to it every fall!  The gregariousness of fall turkeys would surprise some...and nothing like a gobbler flock to get the blood going!
I want to say I wish Fall hunting was more popular, but the best part is I don't ever run into anyone fall turkey hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hook hanger

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on August 13, 2020, 12:17:22 PM
Quote from: GobbleGitr on August 12, 2020, 10:04:04 PM
Look forward to it every fall!  The gregariousness of fall turkeys would surprise some...and nothing like a gobbler flock to get the blood going!
I want to say I wish Fall hunting was more popular, but the best part is I don't ever run into anyone fall turkey hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fall has treated me well already with 3 dead gobblers so far

Sir-diealot

I will be combining archery deer season with turkey season this year. Here in NY Fall turkey season starts a little over half way through Oct. on the seventeenth while archery deer starts Oct. First and both go through the end of the month and archery deer continuing until Nov. twentieth.
It will be my first year trying the two together and I am unsure what to expect.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

fallhnt

Was squirrel hunting last Saturday and had a flock gobbling coming my way. I slipped out to the south of them. Come on October.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

eggshell

yes sir I'll be in the fall woods, just 2.5 weeks away. I usually hunt Ohio and Ky, but since they banned us this spring from Ky I will just be in Ohio. I'm not going down and pay full price License to Kentucky for a partial season.

Hook hanger

2 more toms were layed to rest this morning! Have to love fall birds that gobble like its spring time coming  into the call.

nativeks

I used to fall hunt alot. As our numbers plummeted and birds disappeared from the landscape I quit hunting them. Now I leave them be and dont allow fall hunting on my property. I wpuld potentially make an exception if a youth wanted a shot at one.

eggshell

Dang hookhanger, how many tags you get? Paint me envious

Hook hanger

Well this year I will have 9 total tags for just 3 states I hunt.( 4-4-1) I am hoping to hit another state or 2 this fall also.

packmule

Fall hunting tomorrow morning!

High plains drifter

I found a flock last fall. I didn't have time to hunt, but I scouted it.I could get on them, if I get in there in the dark. I've hunted in the fall, sporadically the last 25 years.Its a change from deer hunting,  and it's a blast.

Hook hanger

Well today was a nightmare! I give them some tree talk then they talk back im thinking all is going as planned.  Hear fly down and its pure silence till PUTT behind me 15yds knowing the gig was up i spin and see the gobbler go over the hill as I was drawing up. Well back to the drawing board again.