Main Menu

A little lipstick...

Started by Tarheel, July 24, 2020, 06:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

bear hunter, thank you.... 

wv mossy oak

Tarheel,
You are a true artist Sir, your God given talent goes beyond words.  Thank you for sharing, I have really enjoyed this thread!
"Mountaineers Are Always Free"

Tarheel

I wish I was a little more savvy technically with videos and sound files,  but I'm not. I have had several people contact me on Facebook wanting a sound file, and I have had good success selling scratchboxes after they heard the sound file I sent to them. It looks like I'm going to have to carve more scratchboxes than I had planned...now I've got to find more dry snakewood...LOL!

Tarheel

Thank all for the kind words.  I really appreciate the encouragement. 

wv mossy oak

You are welcome Sir, keep making those beautiful scratch boxes.

Joe
"Mountaineers Are Always Free"

Tarheel

A friend, Scooter Pegg, has put up a sound file of one of my teak scratchboxes on Sound File Central.

RiverBuck

What you are doing is next level.
All of them are amazing but this one knocked it out of the park. That gobbler is fantastic.

Marc

I enjoyed this thread!  Thank you for sharing your talent with us. :icon_thumright:
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Tarheel

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. After spring turkey season here in NC, I'm going to have to get to work.

chbarnha

How does a guy go about getting one of these? They are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

Tarheel

The property I have turkey hunted for the last 10 years was logged 2 years ago. What roost trees left are on the creek bottoms, and there's little need for a gobbler to gobble...he has a direct sight line to the hens in the trees around him.  I don't like using decoys...I'm too old to want to carry anything but the bare minimum with me in the turkey woods.  My handled scratch box works just right....

Tarheel

A friend in Oregon sent me this picture....he said all scratch box.  It's always nice when you get a picture from a customer using your calls.

Tarheel

I've posted a sound file on FB Sound File Central for those who might be interested.

3bailey3

Tarheel

Just before last spring turkey hunting season, I got a message from a friend wanting one of my handled scratchboxes.  At the time, I was working on one configured exactly like what he wanted, so I sent it to him. Later, he sent me back the above picture with a dead gobbler and the scratchbox I had sent to him.  Then he ordered three more scratchboxes, but he wanted these decorated with heavy woodburning to handle the rigors of hunting with them....the first one I sent him was rather plain....LOL!!!  He's going to let me know if these sound as good as the first one.  Personally, I think they sound better....but he gets to make the final decision.