only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey and Turkey Hunting Magazine

Started by Sir-diealot, June 30, 2020, 01:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie234

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 30, 2020, 09:40:38 PM
Quote from: eddie234 on June 30, 2020, 09:38:14 PM
I like re reading the copies I have. Miss the forum also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nice hat, that picture took up my entire 20" monitor though!
Wanted to make sure you saw it. Lol

Sir-diealot

Quote from: eddie234 on June 30, 2020, 09:42:09 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 30, 2020, 09:40:38 PM
Quote from: eddie234 on June 30, 2020, 09:38:14 PM
I like re reading the copies I have. Miss the forum also.

Nice hat, that picture took up my entire 20" monitor though!
Wanted to make sure you saw it. Lol

I know I need new glasses, but I am not quite that bad yet. Actually half the hat took up my whole monitor and I could even see above the bill.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

I always enjoyed those old magazines and the old Field & Stream

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 30, 2020, 09:48:16 PM
I always enjoyed those old magazines and the old Field & Stream
I also liked the old Field and Steam but have not read it in years, just did not like the way it went. I liked Outdoor Life too, I actually preferred Outdoor Life and I think a big part of that was the little stories by Patrick F. McManus, if you have never read any of his books you owe it to yourself to get a couple, they are outdoor humor when outdoor humor was still actually humorous. My favorite story by him is Poof! No eyebrows! which is in his book "Never Sniff a Gift Fish" He did another I liked that I do not recall the name of but one of the lines in it was "There are only 2 kinds of cows, Fast Mean Cows and Slow Mean Cows"
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

NCL

Who could forget Rancid Crabtree, "Crazie Eddie", Muldoon and, "Retch' Sweeney, first thing that I used to read when Outdoor Life arrived in the mail.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: NCL on July 01, 2020, 10:43:53 AM
Who could forget Rancid Crabtree, "Crazie Eddie", Muldoon and, "Retch' Sweeney, first thing that I used to read when Outdoor Life arrived in the mail.
Same here, I need to get the rest of his books, I have a few that are rather beat up because I would take them to the tree stand or hunting blinds with me that I should replace as well. I will reread the beat up ones while hunting again. Just have to remember not to LOL

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

I just picked up 11 issues on ebay, 1995-1997 I do not think that is a complete run for those years though.

John Koenig:

ShortSpurs

yup, it'd be nice if we had a monthy magazine just for turkey hunters. I'd be on that like a gobbler on a june-bug!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ShortSpurs on July 01, 2020, 05:15:42 PM
yup, it'd be nice if we had a monthy magazine just for turkey hunters. I'd be on that like a gobbler on a june-bug!
I had renewed my NWTF membership before the covid stuff started and just got my first Turkey Call or whatever it is called now in the mail today. I bought my youngest nephew a membership to the Jakes program at that time as well I hope the Jakes publication is better than the adults publication, I know the kids program is supposed to be good and he has nobody there to really teach him and his father is a waste of a sperm cell.

John Koenig:

Old Timer

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

quavers59

I am fortunate to have the  Premiere Edition of Turkey + Turkey Hunting that came out in Spring of 1991. Still in good condition too.     A good article in that issue that, I will reread today is-- Fall Gobblers by Laurie Lee Dovey.   I always enjoyed her Articles!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: quavers59 on July 03, 2020, 03:20:13 AM
     I am fortunate to have the  Premiere Edition of Turkey + Turkey Hunting that came out in Spring of 1991. Still in good condition too.     A good article in that issue that, I will reread today is-- Fall Gobblers by Laurie Lee Dovey.   I always enjoyed her Articles!
I wish I remembered her name but I do not, I do remember a woman that wrote for them quite regular but not by name. I started to hunt turkey about 96 or 7 I have a receipt that I found not to long ago from an NWTF event in  Batavia NY which was in 98 so up until my car accident in 2001 and into 2002 is when I remember the magazine the most.

John Koenig:

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

John Koenig: