OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Always nice to see

Started by Vaughnrp2, June 25, 2020, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaughnrp2

I can only speak for the small farm I live on in the midlands of South Carolina but it looks like a good year for poults. I would say half the hen I have seen over the last month have had little ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

Same here in Eastern NC.  I was out on Monday and had multiple sightings.  Ours aren't as big as yours but multiple sightings is always a GOOD thing.  Hope you see MANY more.

GobbleNut

That is great to see!  The question is whether that kind of nesting success is the norm where you are at,...or is it unusual?  If it is something that has not been happening much in recent years, perhaps that is a sign that maybe something has happened to 'turn the corner" with your turkey population.   

Vaughnrp2

I do 99% of my hunting in two counties in the midlands of South Carolina so not a very big sample size at all. But I will say that the numbers over the last 5 years have seemed stable to me. I would even say over the last 2 years on the farm where the picture was taken that they have been really good.. But once again my sample of land is small and from what I read this is not the norm for most.

Tom007

Great pics, thanks for sharing....
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

It's always great to see little gobblers and hens in the making ... good picture ...

Mossberg90MN

That's awesome, I'm still waiting to see some points by me... some people have seen them I suppose, I'm yet to see one though. Been real busy with work.

Bullet1

Vaughnrp2

Here they are again. We have 12 poults and 3 hens in this not so great picture. I'm seeing this group almost daily.

Bedge7767

I was happy to see these.
Jim