News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cops lives matter!

Started by 3bailey3, June 13, 2020, 09:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Quote from: NCL on June 14, 2020, 08:03:23 AM
Not sure if I would make the same decision to join today.
I agree.  Why would anyone want to take that job today?
I retired in January after 36 years and 7 months, all at the same PD.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Dtrkyman

My sister briefly wanted to get into Law Enforcement, I worked with a retired Sargent at the time, he took her out for lunch and pretty much talked her out of it.

Glad he did.

howl

Agreed. We must stop asking them to do the impossible. They are not mental health counselors. They are not special forces. They are not domestic military for the elite. Making them go too far ends the cooperation of the people, resulting in the rebellion we see today.

If we end qualified immunity, no-knock raids and asset foreiture, most of this stuff would stop. If we stop voting for big goverment Democracts and Republicans it will end entirely.

NCL

I have applied for search warrants so the process is known. Unless the process has changed, to obtain a "no knock" warrant required review by the judge and there had to be very specific facts that articulated why the affiant was requesting a "no knock" warrant which usually meant high danger to the entry team. A "no knock" warrant in my day was very rare, i do not recall ever seeing one.

Crghss

Get ride of "qualified immunity"? Great idea, then every time a rich person gets charged with a crime they sue the cop and get off.

And we who can't afford an attorney too sue Go to court. Great system.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Crghss

Quote from: howl on June 14, 2020, 10:20:18 PM

If we end qualified immunity, no-knock raids and asset foreiture, most of this stuff would stop.

How would any of this stopped what happened in Minnesota?
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

LaLongbeard

If we end qualified immunity, no-knock raids and asset foreiture, most of this stuff would stop. If we stop voting for big goverment Democracts and Republicans it will end entirely.

Really. How bout if people stop committing crimes and then resisting arrest they wouldn't get killed ? Does that ever come up as a topic in the BLM meetings? I'm sure you'd know lol

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

NCL

With this discussion about "qualified immunity" I had to look it up because I recall having to do depositions in law suits against officers. It is defined as "Law enforcement officers are entitled to qualified immunity when their actions do not violate a clearly established statutory or constitutional right." So it is not "absolute immunity" but protects an officer from being sued for just doing his job, i.e. a lawful arrest.

trkehunr93

I read an article in Coffee or Die magazine which is part of Black Rifle Coffee.  The article was written by a retired LAPD officer, Adam Bercovici, with 30 plus years experience in law enforcement.  He hits the nail on the head IMO about how to move forward with this current situation.  It really puts to rest the argument of defunding police departments.  Give it a read at coffeeordie.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flounder

Quote from: Southerngobbler on June 13, 2020, 11:21:21 PM
If 911 isn't gonna work anymore can we defund the Obama phones?
You should see the line around the SS building when they are passing out free phones. Man it gets the best of me.

redleg06

Quote from: LaLongbeard on June 15, 2020, 08:27:05 AM

Really. How bout if people stop committing crimes and then resisting arrest they wouldn't get killed ? Does that ever come up as a topic in the BLM meetings? I'm sure you'd know lol

Yeah it's weird...I've never been arrested, beat by the cops, shot by the cops, or anything of the sort.  I guess cops don't randomly decide to do those things if you don't assault them, run from them, or do  that would cause them to arrest you to begin with.

Wasp

All of this recent insanity has made me more conscious of teaching my children to respect the police.  Outside of the armed forces ( who have also been demonized), who among us can honestly say their job requires that they risk their lives.  Sadly the media and some others take these sacrifices for granted.  Thank you to big blue and the men and women who served.  There are alot more people like us who appreciate you and what you've done for us.

Howie g

Being a police officer used to be a honored job . But some how things have changed. Seems the requirements to become one has been watered down . I personally know a couple who I have no clue how they passed the requirements.  Just not good people who have know business wearing a badge .
  Saying this I also know some great folks that wear the badge and are in it for the right reasons .
Regardless,,, do what they ask you to do if you get in a pinch and the things we are seeing all over the news go away !!!

ShootingABN!

Lord have mercy and watch over those that walk the thin blue line. God bless our Nation and its people.