OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lets talk dedicated / favorite turkey gun?????

Started by ShootingABN!, June 18, 2020, 08:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt76cmich

Up until this year the only shotgun I've owned is a hand me down Remington Wingmaster LW 20 gauge with a fixed modified choke that took a few turkeys over the last 26 years. I ended up buying a Mossberg 835 and a Stoeger M3020 to set up as dedicated turkey guns since the old 20 gauge is starting to show some wear and I want to hand it down to one of my kids once they are old enough.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Fullfan

No doubt the 11-87 Sps-t in Greenleaf, Bought the gun new back in 1992 gave like 530.00 for it. Gun hunted 7 states and was responsible for no less than 150 long beards for me. All three of my kids killed their share with it also.  She has been a safe queen for the past 7 years, Sa459 in 20ga has taken her place. 
Don't gobble at me...

justin.arps

My original dedicated turkey gun is A 870 mag with A jebbs .650 head hunter shooting 3in lbxr #6 tapped with A utg reflex.

My go to turkey gun is my Winchester sx2 Nwtf sure cycle upgrade,sumtoy mount,vortex viper,Nordic industries controls. Rhino .670 running 3in lbxr#6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

Bought an 835 in 2006, killed 75% of my turkeys with it since and it's my go to.  I was gifted a Winchester model 1200 from the late 70's a couple of seasons ago that's been dipped in a camo pattern and has a Rhino .660 on it that's my back up gun now.  For a 2 3/4" chambered gun it throws a good pattern with lead 6's with that choke. 

turkey_picker

My dedicated gun is a Winchester 1300 and for back up a Winchester SXP with both of them being 12 ga.
I was thinking of making the SXP my primary gun, but I just can't retire the 1300. 

old3toe

I've had several different turkey guns over the years and have killed birds with all of them, still have a few and enjoyed most of them. The 20's are fun, light to carry, and will get the job done. But my number one go to gun when things get serious is my mossy 835. I shoot winchester lead loads in it with a kicks GT .670. Before the 835 I had a binelli nova 12 gauge as my go to from 2002 til I got the 835.

willy9889

Two for me.....12ga Winchester SX3 longbeard and a Weatherby SA 459 20ga.
Both have Fast Fire 3s mounted on top. Much prefer a pistol grip for turkey huning.

Willy

The Southpaw

I've got three dedicated turkey guns. One is a Franchi Affinity Compact, dipped in Greenleaf. Another is a Winchester SXP Longbeard edition, and the last is a Winchester 1300 NWTF.
All are sporting Indian Creek choke tubes.

Turkeytider

Quote from: old3toe on February 21, 2021, 10:48:13 PM
  I've had several different turkey guns over the years and have killed birds with all of them, still have a few and enjoyed most of them. The 20's are fun, light to carry, and will get the job done. But my number one go to gun when things get serious is my mossy 835. I shoot winchester lead loads in it with a kicks GT .670. Before the 835 I had a binelli nova 12 gauge as my go to from 2002 til I got the 835.

Lots of fine guns that will do the job, but IMHO the 835s and 870s are THE classics.

ShootingABN!

Awesome. Thanks for sharing everyone!

Looking forward to the 2021 season.

lunghit

Quote from: justin.arps on February 21, 2021, 05:59:09 PM
My original dedicated turkey gun is A 870 mag with A jebbs .650 head hunter shooting 3in lbxr #6 tapped with A utg reflex.

My go to turkey gun is my Winchester sx2 Nwtf sure cycle upgrade,sumtoy mount,vortex viper,Nordic industries controls. Rhino .670 running 3in lbxr#6

I like that SX2. What is the sure cycle upgrade? My go to is the SX3 12 Ga and will be buying a 20 real soon. Already have the Trijicon RMR red dot, some chokes and TSS for it.

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

wvmntnhick

Seeing as how I lost all my guns in a boating accident, I guess I'll just hit them with the truck from now on.

ShootingABN!

Quote from: wvmntnhick on February 25, 2021, 07:59:38 PM
Seeing as how I lost all my guns in a boating accident, I guess I'll just hit them with the truck from now on.

:TooFunny: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Bowguy

I'm not sure we should even dedicate our gfs or wives as a favorite, never mind guns. Too close minded. I like em all! Just kidding kinda

ShootingABN!

Will a Mossberg 930 move up in the ranks? Time will tell.... More to follow.