OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Camo too bright

Started by tha bugman, April 09, 2021, 06:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Might be time to update the system.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tha bugman

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 10, 2021, 06:30:18 PM
Quote from: tha bugman on April 10, 2021, 04:41:16 PM

Here is a pic of the top against a woods background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd still hunt hell out of that raggedy old thing!

simpzenith

That's why I never wash my camo clothing. Been wearing the same shirt and pants for years and they look almost the same as they did on Day 1.

Neill_Prater

To me, it depends on where you are hunting. With adequate ground cover and the light and shadow areas in the timber, it probably doesn't matter what you are wearing if you remain still, but if, for example, you are along the edge of a field, from an approaching tom's perspective, you would stick out like a sore thumb.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: simpzenith on April 11, 2021, 09:12:40 AM
That's why I never wash my camo clothing. Been wearing the same shirt and pants for years and they look almost the same as they did on Day 1.

I am like you I don't wash my turkey clothing very often. But some times I just have to, sure glad smell doesn't bother turkeys.

Which Gun

I would get a new one faded camo shines. I'm like y'all I very seldom wash my turkey clothes. Have two sets uppers and bottoms. Then it's with baking soda.

bbcoach

You can't lose a thing by trying the clothes dye IMO.  Go to Wally World and get the Dark Green clothes dye and follow the instructions.  May solve your problem until you can get a new set.  My Mother used it when I was a kid for various things like curtains.  You can put it in a washing machine or use it in a sink for a longer soak.

Which Gun

The dye works. I use it on my work pants when they get blotchy from bleach. Use a bucket to soak in.

tha bugman

Quote from: simpzenith on April 11, 2021, 09:12:40 AM

I dont wash my turkey hunting clothes either.  My net suit has doubled for deer hunting as well, so it has been washed quite a bit.

Howie g

Dark green die does work good ,