turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My new little toy came yesterday

Started by MDSTRUTNRUT, May 29, 2020, 12:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDSTRUTNRUT

Well MD's season ended Saturday and my Savage 301  .410 came in yesterday so got all year to get it sighted in.   First need to outfit with a red dot, glasses with readers won't allow for open sights anymore.     I have a TRUGLO 30 mm red dot 5 moa to try out but looks a little big on that tiny gun, we'll see.     What's everyone been using for red dots on this critter?

guesswho

I have a Vortex Venom on mine.  Sumtoy sells a mount that you can eliminate that big high rail that came with it.   Lowers the sight quite a bit and gives it a good clean look.  I also put an Indian Creek 390 choke in it.   I enjoyed carrying mine this year.  Felt like I was going turkey hunting with a fishing rod for a while.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Muzzy61

I have a Bushnell TRS-25.  I have had one on my 12 gauge shooting 3.5" shell for the last few years with no problems.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

jmart241

Put a vortex venom mine and indian creek 380 love it

bigriverbum

Quote from: Muzzy61 on May 29, 2020, 12:51:14 PM
I have a Bushnell TRS-25.  I have had one on my 12 gauge shooting 3.5" shell for the last few years with no problems.

Same. Killed 3 birds this year. Still gotta go back to top of a hill to get lense caps where I left it 3 weeks ago. Big hill. Talking myself into it

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: guesswho on May 29, 2020, 12:49:00 PM
I have a Vortex Venom on mine.  Sumtoy sells a mount that you can eliminate that big high rail that came with it.   Lowers the sight quite a bit and gives it a good clean look.  I also put an Indian Creek 390 choke in it.   I enjoyed carrying mine this year.  Felt like I was going turkey hunting with a fishing rod for a while.

Can you take a picture of that setup?

guesswho

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on May 29, 2020, 03:24:29 PM
Quote from: guesswho on May 29, 2020, 12:49:00 PM

Can you take a picture of that setup?
Killed a hog with it this turkey season.  Killed at 20-25 yards with Foxtrot 9 1/2's TSS ammo. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ChesterCopperpot

That looks sharp! I like it. And that mount setup looks a ton better than what comes on them.

Tom007

Had good luck with the Burris Fastfire 3, and Nikon Spur. Both great Red Dots......
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

I have one of those and they are good little guns for the money .. congrats