OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally Got An Original Bottomland 870

Started by Tom007, April 29, 2020, 01:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Thanks all as usual for great advice.....
"Solo hunter"

Dr Juice

Awesome. That's a beaut and i see that you have the original sling on it. Good luck with it and enjoy.

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

nyhunter

:icon_thumright: congradulation on your new gun !!!  I have the same Identical gun Mine really shoots Winchester Long Beard #5's & 6's great with a Carlesons LB choke,  I chose to hunt with the 6's only because I have more of them,  It also shoot's H-13 3" 2oz #6's very well with an original Jellyhead .660 choke.  other good chokes with this gun were Kicks .655 and .660 with winchester HV # 6's and Indian Creek .665 and winchester LB's and H-13 #6's. I shoot mine with the beads because it's dead on POA/POI with them.

DP42912

Great gun, mine which isn't a bottomland likes LB #6 with a Carlsons 660. Good luck.

coonhunter

Awesome find!  I would start with a Indian creek .665 and 3" longbeard #6. Personally I would not drill and tap it or put a optic on it. I would leave it as original as possible. But that's me! 
Joshua 24:15

Passport

Seconds on the Indian Creek and long beard Ammo. Great combo!
Congrats on the new ride, post pics of how it shoots

Tom007

Thanks guys, Lots of great advice. I already ordered the 660 Carlson XR Longbeard choke. Will see how it shoots, will order the Indian Creek too to compare. I do like those long beard shells, 5's and 6's. Waiting for the Burris Fastfire and Millcreek Mount. Will def post pics. Thanks so much for the great advice. Be safe.
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Greenhead12

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

mrlongbeard

Great find
I have quite a few Bottomland 870's
Great guns indeed. They are very desirable by many and fetch a premium in great shape.