turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cutting down a barrel.

Started by Southerngobbler, May 12, 2020, 11:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southerngobbler

Other than possible safety concerns is there any reason a 21 inch barrel would be better that a 17" barrel. I would love to have mine cut down as long as I wasn't sacrificing my pattern. I don't want to give up any range. Also can someone re thread the barrel so it can accept choke tube again or do people just typically buy a new barrel if they want a shorter one? It's a dedicated turkey gun so no chance of any wing shooting.

SumToy

18 inch not 17 inch.  The man can get very upset over that. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

dzsmith

I don't know why you would want to go that short. Yeah its probably going to cut into your pattern. Pretty sure 17" would also be illegal in many places. Don't know if that includes length with choke or not.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Southerngobbler

Just to clarify, I do mean what ever the legal limit is. It's just easier for me to tote a shorter gun.

BandedSpur

Quote from: Southerngobbler on May 12, 2020, 12:01:00 PM
Just to clarify, I do mean what ever the legal limit is. It's just easier for me to tote a shorter gun.

Wait, you can tote an alligator but can't tote a 21" gun? ???

Southerngobbler

Quote from: BandedSpur on May 13, 2020, 07:46:02 AM
Quote from: Southerngobbler on May 12, 2020, 12:01:00 PM

Wait, you can tote an alligator but can't tote a 21" gun? ???
A funny boy, ya don't get that too often around here. Now that your working from home you can wear your jester suit full time