turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spring Creek BW/RC is on the board

Started by btomlin, May 08, 2020, 08:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btomlin

I purchased a bloodwood/red cedar box from Mike a week or so ago.  It has been snake bitten though until this morning.  It has called gobblers into being missed(glad it wasn't me), behind brush, etc. 

This morning I went into a piece of public that I haven't hunted for a couple years.  Went to area where gobblers like to roost as their gobbles carry over water.  Finally, this tom started gobbling and I moved his way.  Eventually I figured out he was across the cove from me so figured the game was probably over.   

I sent a few tree yelps from the call and he almost burst into flames he was so hot.  Another bird started gobbling and almost instantly flew down.  This tom stayed on limb but I stayed on the bird that had flown down with some light yelps and clucks.  I could see him across the lake cove strutting and gobbling.  At 5:45, the close bird flew down and started strutting/ gobbling across the cove also. 

I let out another set of light yelps and then went into shy gal mode with no more than some light clucks and purrs and he couldn't stand it.  Across the cove he comes flying....hits the banks and starts strutting right up the bank like I had a rope around his feet and reeling him in.  At 20yrds, I decided I better go ahead and end the fun.  5:55

This is my 1st year with quality box calls.  SS and Spring Creek have accounted for both my gobblers.  I was always a diaphram and pot caller, but the pots have definitely taken a back seat.  If you are using production boxes....do yourself a favor and contact some of these great artist on this site.  I'm in awe.

***No sure why photos wants to rotate***

huntinsomd

Great story with a happy ending! I just bought one of those calls this week and hope to use it in a couple days.

btomlin

Quote from: huntinsomd on May 08, 2020, 09:46:56 AM
Great story with a happy ending! I just bought one of those calls this week and hope to use it in a couple days.

I think you'll really like it

Spring Creek Calls

Congratulations Brandon! Great story and glad the call helped you this spring.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com