turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

In searcg of...

Started by NCStrutter, May 15, 2011, 06:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCStrutter

In my area, the scratch box is not that popular.  I've never even had my hands on one.  The more I look around, it seems to have quite a following.  I'd like to make a few to see if I'd be good at it or it might catch on within my circle of friends and fellow hunters.  I don't have a clue where to start as to building one. I've seen tons of pix but I realize there is much more to it.  If anyone may be willing to help me get started, I'll gladly trade a call or compensate with a duck/goose call or Deer grunter.  I have a bunch of turkey calls as well but trying to barter here with a turkey call would be like trying to sell the Pope a bible.

In advance, thanks.

Jeffro
"For it is in the Woods, Marshes, and Fields that Retrievers make thier own legends and become our Heroes"

TarheelTurk

Wish i could help but i just got into pot calls. But im sure you've come to the right site.Its some GREAT guys on here!
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

NCStrutter

TarheelTurk, where bout's are ya in God's country(NC)? 

Jeffro
"For it is in the Woods, Marshes, and Fields that Retrievers make thier own legends and become our Heroes"

TarheelTurk

Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

TarheelTurk

cleanslate

I found this tutorial while searching the net a year or two ago:
http://www.newoutdoorcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5734.
I hope this helps you out.

Derrick.

NCStrutter

Thanks Derrick. I ran acrossed this same one and another guy sent it to me as well.  I think I may have half a clue as to how to get started.  Guess I'll dive on in.

Tarhee Turk, I'm over in Currituck County.... on the water!

Swamp

Thanks for this tutorial link i made 3 today first time I've ever heard of a scratch box but all i can say is one is going in the vest for next season!

TarheelTurk

Im more interested in pot calls for right now but thanks for the info also. Never know i bought one from a vendor @ the local dixie deer classic this past year they do sound nice.