only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cold Calling: Best Practices

Started by AppalachianHollers, April 28, 2020, 06:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Quote from: AppalachianHollers on May 04, 2020, 03:13:46 PM
Quote from: Marc on May 04, 2020, 02:49:40 AM

Once everything is laid out, organized, and I am comfortable, I make a few quiet content clucks and yelps...  If no answer, I then walk a small circle while doing some "pleading" yelps and clucks for a minute or so...  I then sit down and get comfortable for a bit.  So many times, just as I am about to give up the ghost, I hear that gobble....  Translating that gobble into a ride home for the bird is another matter...

Thanks for the input. What do you mean by "pleading" yelps and clucks?
I am probably putting emotion into the birds that is not there...

But I have heard hens yelping and cutting in an "angry" territorial manner...   They seem "mad" that another hen has the audacity to enter their territory.

I have heard hens on the roost, and on the ground just letting the toms know they are there...

And I have seen and heard those hens walking through the woods, with a more "pleading sound," or "searching call," looking for a tom...  Pleading, or searching calls would both be appropriate....

As an analogy...  If we were talking about a gal at a bar, I am looking to emulate the gal that is standing on top of the bar informing the male patrons that there is nothing on under the dress and she is ready to go home with someone NOW....

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

AppalachianHollers

That makes sense. More of an intangible, impressionistic thing (but very real, but detected by interpretation) and less a technical one. Just making sure there wasn't some extra variation of technical yelp that I hadn't heard of (added to tree yelp, jake yelp, gobbler yelp).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk