North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Progress Report

Started by TrackeySauresRex, April 21, 2020, 08:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

No progress, nothing to report! Lol!  :funnyturkey:

Got out late today. Had a little action and thought I was going to get lucky. @12pm we had to leave a gobbling bird. Tomorrow we get another crack at em.
Good luck All
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

RutnNStrutn

Get after them brother!! I'm headed out tomorrow. Hoping lightning strikes twice, and I finish my season with a bang. Literally!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 21, 2020, 10:52:49 PM
Get after them brother!! I'm headed out tomorrow. Hoping lightning strikes twice, and I finish my season with a bang. Literally!!!

I had an almost.... Snuck in in the wind, I couldn't get the shot off :0 He was a good one too. Tomorrow is the last day for week 1 for me. I'll be after em again.

RutnNStrutn

Amazing the difference 24 hours makes. This morning I heard 3 distant gobbles. Hunted all morning without seeing or hearing a thing. Finally spotted a hen walking out.
Oh well, that's a wrap for me. Headed home tomorrow.
Good luck Johnny!!!

Mountainburd

Keep at it Trackey.  You'll get on one.

TrackeySauresRex

Tag soup week 1 fellas. More to follow.

RutnNStrutn

Keep at it brother!!

TrackeySauresRex

Im Still at it folks. It's been a rough season. Windy, and rainy. I had blown opportunity on a great Tom.Uhhhhg! Tomorrow is another day. Reading our board here sounds like we're doing a little better now. WTG Guns n Hoses! I'm workin hard to contribute. Keep the faith. B-well all.
Johnny

RutnNStrutn

Keep after 'em Trackey!!! You'll get one!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Will

Stay with it and good luck!

TrackeySauresRex

Another rough one boys. I can't catch a break I feel like a real rookie right now. Humbled beyond belief. Taking off, I'm hoping to get out on Friday. Good luck all.
Johnny

Will

Seems to be the theme. I've spoken to hunters in Southwest Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Birds are very tough this year.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Will on May 05, 2020, 10:46:52 PM
Seems to be the theme. I've spoken to hunters in Southwest Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Birds are very tough this year.
From everything I've heard, experienced and read on line, I would say that you are correct.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Mountainburd

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on May 03, 2020, 09:20:49 PM
Im Still at it folks. It's been a rough season. Windy, and rainy. I had blown opportunity on a great Tom.Uhhhhg! Tomorrow is another day. Reading our board here sounds like we're doing a little better now. WTG Guns n Hoses! I'm workin hard to contribute. Keep the faith. B-well all.
Johnny

It's almost tough to find a day it's not windy.  Every time it rains, which is like every other day here, it's windy on the back end of the front.  Try and get out the cool, calm mornings.  They gobbled good yesterday here...and there was zero wind. 

Will

It's definitely been an active season for weather. Same here in Maryland with the rain and the wind