turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal 10ga Heavyweight loads

Started by Thegobblergetter, February 20, 2011, 10:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thegobblergetter

Has anyone bought and tried these loads?  Let us all know what your results are.  Thanks,  John

Devastator

im going to try and get some soon for my sp10.

Thegobblergetter

Timb, report when you have a chance after you have shot those loads.  Thanks,  John

Devastator

it is going to be awhile seeing how we got another 11 inches of snow dumped on us last night.

Basser69

I don't think that these are the shells that you are asking about but I shot some of the older federal premium # 4's 2 oz of lead shot this weekend (getting a scope on paper) and they had a nice even pattern. I did not count numbers because these are not the shells I will be shooting while hunting.

Devastator

well i have 2 boxes of 7's on the way from cheaper than dirt and i will try to get some shooting in on sunday when i get home from ny,or when ever it will stop raining,ive never saw this much rain in my life time.

Devastator

man,at 1300 fps they have to hammer them birds!

woodchip

I wish someone would post up some pics of patterns from these shells.  I'd buy a 10ga if they done well, probably will anyways if Hevishot makes the magblend like I've heard.  I have a bad itch for a 10ga!!

Devastator

Quote from: timb on May 03, 2011, 05:12:15 PM
man,at 1300 fps they have to hammer them birds!
well the they arrived,just need some weather to shoot.

Devastator

well i got rained out this morning in ny so i got home and the rain quit for awhile and i shot 3 fed heavy 7's and got an average of 220 in 10 at lazered 40.sp10,ballistics 690 choke.very even pattern.this is the 2nd ballistics choke i have had success with the fed heavy 7's.the other was a .554 in my s&w 20 that ended up getting broke in the process of shooting them and sent it back and can't be fixed.i think im in love with fed7's,the other thing i like is 1300 fps.