turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I need help!!

Started by Bigbirdkiller75, May 14, 2011, 08:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbirdkiller75

I can't find the birds they are here I heard them thismorning but now nothing what should I do??
Bigbirdkiller75

Bigbirdkiller75

Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong I can't get the birds to answer me. They are no where to be found when I'm out in the woods. Could it be my calling? Or am I just missing something? I covered alot of ground looking and listening for them but I can never seem to get them to answer.
Bigbirdkiller75

TRKYHTR

They are probably with hens and thats why they aren't answering. You are probably not close enough to the turkeys. You need to get real close when it's this late in the season. All the dumb turkeys that run to a call are dead. When you can hear the turkeys walking your close enough. Your also better off hunting late morning, after 10:00 am. Good luck,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

gunnerj

Scout. Know where they want to go, get in front of them, and call conservatively. That way the hens bring the toms to you. It's probably nothing you're doing. Right place, right time, right boom! :fud: :newmascot:

Bigbirdkiller75

Thank you both for the advice I'm going to try it again Monday I've been out watching then tonite and I will tomorrow evening . I'll post again if I kill one.
Bigbirdkiller75

Nimrodmar10

If you're hearing them but no seeing them then they're probably seeing you. Most turkey hunter don't get in the woods early enough. Turkeys see better in the dark then we do so if you can see good enough to get around in the dark, it's too light to be out in the open. Once it's daylight you can't be in the open at all if you don't want to be seen. If it means walking a half mile around to keep from crossing a 50 yard open area then do it. Here in the hills and hollows of TN if you walk out in the bottom of a hollow every bird in the hollow can see you and will be gone to the next hollow.

Bigbirdkiller75

I usually try to get in the woods well before daylight but I do walk up a dirt road that is through a big area that was clear cut I will walk down the side in the woods next time. I know where the birds roost so I shouldn't even come close to bumping them out of the tree
Bigbirdkiller75

Footballer

They can also hear you walking in the leaves. There aren't many two-legged critters walking around in the woods besides turkeys!