OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

One piece Ipe vs Hickory

Started by RiverRoost, April 12, 2020, 08:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Ran up on a Halloran one piece Ipe and one piece Halloran Hickory striker in my desk. What's the main sound differences between the two. I currently carry Halloran crystal mistress, ceramic, and zebra wood slate with Stucky Mac Ebony, Halloran bloodwood, and Halloran two piece diamondwood(I think, cake with my crystal mistress).

Sir-diealot

I can't speak for his hickory yet, but man his one piece ipe is one of my favorite strikers. Sounds good on almost everything I play it on. Really excels on ceramic too.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

BTH

To me his hickory has a higher pitch scream to it. His ipe has a little pop to it. Both are good strikers, both raspy in their own right. 
Phil 4:13

Greg Massey

I have both and don't care for either one , i will will take snakewood over the 2 .. hickory ? IPE

Ol timer

I have both the ipe is a solid Striker on red slate, the hickory is more suitable for gray slate.