turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Prudhomme Desert Ironwood

Started by davisd9, April 12, 2020, 07:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Picked up a Prudhomme Desert Ironwood up at Unicoi this January. He allowed me to take several outside to play and this Desert Ironwood with Medical resin mouthpiece stood out to me.  I have changed the sound of my calling on a trumpet and a Prudhomme seems to run easy in this style. I have hunted with it, KP Cocussood, and Buice Lignum 5-1/2" with a good bit of success. Wednesday, April 8th I was able to bloody the Prudhomme for the first time. I struck the bird and finished him with the Prudhomme. I did use the Buice to sound like another hen as well. Called in 4 toms and 2 hens. Just something special and satisfying about killing a bird with trumpet, does not matter how many you have killed with a trumpet you always feel accomplished.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

boatpaddle

A hearty Congratulations,  Sir...

Fine gobbler

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Mathews.1

crow

Good job, and congrats on a nice gobbler with a fine trumpet

davisd9

Guess I clicked the wrong place and put this in the tube call section. Thanks for the kind words
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Chuck1443

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Congratulations David. I called in 4 this past weekend sitting in the truck practicing on one of my trumpets, sure felt good to know I could do it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Chris O

Awesome job I was hoping you were wanting to sell that call lol.!!!

davisd9

Quote from: Chris O on April 14, 2020, 04:15:12 PM
Awesome job I was hoping you were wanting to sell that call lol.!!!

Nope, wanting another if you know someone wanting to let one go.

Terry

Good job Donald! Time to pass that Prudhomme on. I know a great recipient

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

davisd9

Thanks! Wish I could find some more. Breaks my heart to think of them just sitting on a shelf but I got a couple other trumpets that do the same unfortunately.

Thanks Shannon for moving this to the right spot for me!

Chris O

Quote from: davisd9 on April 14, 2020, 05:51:42 PM
Thanks! Wish I could find some more. Breaks my heart to think of them just sitting on a shelf but I got a couple other trumpets that do the same unfortunately.

Thanks Shannon for moving this to the right spot for me!
I hunt a lot of different calls through season. I just own too much stuff to hunt everything. I do practice with all my stuff and enjoy all of them. Every morning before my hunt I select a trumpet and a Wingbone. Then I pick a box call, pot call, and scratch box to take. I always have a couple mouth calls to but I haven't used them much the last 2 years.