turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Original Cody Spec 1 Slate vs the new Legend Slate

Started by Tom007, April 10, 2020, 07:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Back in 1994, I read about the new hot slate, the Cody Spec 1. I ordered one, I got #168, he signed it. This slate to this day has been a go to for me. I use it later in the season, it seems to get the pressured birds going more than any call in my arsenal. I wanted to get the forums feedback on the new Legend Cody Slate, and do you think it is better than the Original Spec 1. The construction of the 2 calls look very similar. Thanks....
"Solo hunter"

boatpaddle

You can do all the same turkey talk with the Spec, that the Legend can give you...

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

gobblers roost

No I had two spec1 legend no better then the cody WC or The cody spec 1.
U have a goodie

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

outdoors

IM very curious to know what's the difference in the  these calls  , is it the wood  by chance is it old growth or treated in such a way  thanks
Beside the big price  , very curious
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

MK M GOBL

I have a CODY World Class Slate and a SPEC 1 Legend Slate, both are awesome calls and if any difference I can pick out the Legend starts a little more clear and ends with more rasp. A friend bought me the Legend a few years back and my WC is 24 years old and still killing them like when I bought it!

MK M GOBL

Tom007

Amen my friend, these level Cody's are all tough to beat. My Spec 1 always gets an answer when nothing else will......
"Solo hunter"