turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got a Confidence Boost Today

Started by Sir-diealot, April 11, 2020, 06:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I had to drive a friend around today and when he was off doing his thing I decided to sit in the truck with the windows down and practice with one of my trumpets. After about 15 minutes in the rear view mirror I saw four male turkey coming to my calls. I had to crank my neck around over my left shoulder to see them as they crossed the road behind me and into the woods on the left so I am not sure if they were jakes or toms but it really boosted my confidence in my playing, though it still needs a lot of work. I was also surprised because there were 12-15 MPH winds at the time and they still heard me and I was playing pretty quietly most of the time. 
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

gergg

That's cool, confidence is hugely important.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Sir-diealot

Quote from: gergg on April 11, 2020, 07:04:22 PM
That's cool, confidence is hugely important.
Yes, especially when you are down on yourself when it comes to your playing. My GF tells me I am getting better all the time but I do not see it, I did today though!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 11, 2020, 06:41:35 PM
I had to drive a friend around today and when he was off doing his thing I decided to sit in the truck with the windows down and practice with one of my trumpets. After about 15 minutes in the rear view mirror I saw four male turkey coming to my calls. I had to crank my neck around over my left shoulder to see them as they crossed the road behind me and into the woods on the left so I am not sure if they were jakes or toms but it really boosted my confidence in my playing, though it still needs a lot of work. I was also surprised because there were 12-15 MPH winds at the time and they still heard me and I was playing pretty quietly most of the time.
Tame???  :TooFunny:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 11, 2020, 08:15:52 PM
I kinda wondered because of the guy leading them by a kite string.

John Koenig:

KentuckyHeadhunter

Those Bob Buckner calls have a tendency to call em in.  I know that for a fact.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 11, 2020, 08:17:41 PM
As long as they weren't all white we'll give it to ya..  :icon_thumright:  Congrats...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 11, 2020, 08:21:28 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 11, 2020, 08:17:41 PM
As long as they weren't all white we'll give it to ya..  :icon_thumright:  Congrats...

lol Nope, they were definitely multicolored.

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 11, 2020, 08:18:10 PM
Those Bob Buckner calls have a tendency to call em in.  I know that for a fact.

I have heard that about those. :D

John Koenig: