OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone else notice??

Started by Bowguy, April 08, 2020, 09:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on April 09, 2020, 12:08:07 PM
Same way for TSS. Apex loads are generally out of stock everywhere by the end of March. Federal TSS can usually be found a little after that, but options are going to be limited. I've still got 9 or 10 of my preferred Apex load, but I'll have to wait until next year to stock up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got on the Apex waiting list in February and bought a box of 10 Ninja .410 the first day available.  Took about a week and guys were mentioning that it was all gone.  Did final patterning with three, killed one, leaves me six.  Hope to use one more on a second FL bird and carry over 5 for next season.  The Federal ran a close second in my patterning and wasn't hard to get.  Good luck to evreyone.

MK M GOBL

I buy early, and then always look after season (retail replenishment systems) seem to come back in stock after season as the system tries to catch up and bringing backstock in. I also find some seasonal closeout deals.

MK M GOBL

Tom007

Agreed my friend, I see the same thing in our shops. Can't believe a company like Winchester can't flood the market with theses shells. You are right, you almost have to hoard them. Funny, I have Winchester supreme, and the famous Extended Range in my pile too. Be safe....
"Solo hunter"

Ol timer

Turkey ammo is only seasonal most new shells are introduced at Hunting expos early in January/February that's when to buy and buy heavy then. States like Florida open up in Early March so most companies will be already be running low on some Brands, it's like Christmas shopping on December 24th  slim pickings after March. My advice buy a case of your favorite loads early. Or start reloading.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

nativeks

How have I ever killed turkeys without the latest and greatest turkey ammo?

wvmntnhick

Quote from: nativeks on April 11, 2020, 06:31:43 PM
How have I ever killed turkeys without the latest and greatest turkey ammo?
Same goes for deer. Everyone wants some "super bullet" that has the ability to pass through a deer nose to tail and drive through the 3 trees behind it. Don't read this as though I don't use newer tech ammo because I do. But it has nothing to do with thinking that it's necessary. Switched to tss because I like a very tight pattern. If lead patterned as well, I'd still use that. Switched to ELD-X bullets in several deer cartridges too but not for any reason other than I had loads worked up for the A-Max and they were discontinued. I can promise they're not going through the deer and burying into anything. But you're also talking to a guy that used a rifle on turkeys for years and I don't feel the least bit sorry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRG3

If my remaining turkey shell count was accurate and I take the Illinois maximum of three gobblers/year, I'll run out of ammo just shy of my 100th birthday. Better get some more...

mtns2hunt

Everybody is on a buying spree. Some buy early, some on sale and then there is the big rush just before the start of the season. People are natural procatinators and I am one of the worst. However after struggling to buy ammo at the last minute: sorting out lots and types and just being generally unhappy with the stress and quality of the ammo I started loading my own. No stess and I have the same consistant ammo year after year. If you don't adjust to market demand you will suffer. Just my 2 cents
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

slicksbeagles1

Try Midsouth Shooters Supply in Clarksville,Tn or Macksprairiewings they may have what you are looking for