OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Buying made in USA

Started by fallhnt, March 22, 2020, 10:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

After the dust settles on Chinese virus, bat stew flu or whatever this is,how many will look before you buy and or stop buying from companies that have there stuff made in China? Probably will be hard but I know I'll be making a total effort. Primos won't be selling much to me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Rzrbac

I've tried to do that for awhile. Many times you are hard pressed to find made in USA items. Even if it's not made in the USA, I'll pick any other country over China. Hope consumers make a statement with their pocketbooks and send China's economy to the basement.

owlhoot

Quote from: Rzrbac on March 22, 2020, 10:37:55 PM
I've tried to do that for awhile. Many times you are hard pressed to find made in USA items. Even if it's not made in the USA, I'll pick any other country over China. Hope consumers make a statement with their pocketbooks and send China's economy to the basement.
I have been doing it for a while. As i am being effected directly by the chinese parts causing me to loose a 25 year job and starting all over. Hunting stuff , guns , camo and regular clothes etc.
Stevens and their made in china singleshots that lots are getting is the one that gets under my skin.

mspaci

Been buying American made for many years. I wont even get anything from ebay that ships from there. Mike

Rzrbac

Quote from: owlhoot on March 22, 2020, 10:50:16 PM
I have been doing it for a while. As i am being effected directly by the chinese parts causing me to loose a 25 year job and starting all over. Hunting stuff , guns , camo and regular clothes etc.
Stevens and their made in china singleshots that lots are getting is the one that gets under my skin.

I was kind of wanting one of those little shotguns till I found out they were made in China. That's a shame, there's some good folks right here in the US that could and should be making them.

owlhoot

Quote from: Rzrbac on March 22, 2020, 11:13:45 PM
Quote from: owlhoot on March 22, 2020, 10:50:16 PM

I was kind of wanting one of those little shotguns till I found out they were made in China. That's a shame, there's some good folks right here in the US that could and should be making them.
I hear you brother.

owlhoot

Quote from: mspaci on March 22, 2020, 11:11:49 PM
Been buying American made for many years. I wont even get anything from ebay that ships from there. Mike
Thanks for that.

LaLongbeard

I always try to buy American made. My gun my turkey vest all my calls and my shells made right here. But it's hard to buy only American, you can hardly find a pocket knife not made in China let alone most household goods. If anything at all can come out of this maybe the US can stop depending on the Chinese for their cheap junk. 50 years ago hardly anything wasn't made here. Steel, clothing tools all American made. No reason we can't do it again.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

owlhoot

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 22, 2020, 11:24:23 PM
I always try to buy American made. My gun my turkey vest all my calls and my shells made right here. But it's hard to buy only American, you can hardly find a pocket knife not made in China let alone most household goods. If anything at all can come out of this maybe the US can stop depending on the Chinese for their cheap junk. 50 years ago hardly anything wasn't made here. Steel, clothing tools all American made. No reason we can't do it again.
Knives are tough. Went to a knife show and got my boys and nephew some for Christmas this year.
Hunting and fishing stuff has been a big surprise, amazed at the amount that has went to china. Felt like it was for an American past time should be made in USA.
Ford truck starter from the dealership for a guy I know. He got the box opened and made in china , shoot.
Thanks for trying though.

Dtrkyman

The Chinese are not responsible for making the cheap junk, the american corporations and consumers are!

Sir-diealot

Have been trying to where I can, money does not always allow it though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Mossberg90MN

I always do my best to buy American. It's hard sometimes because so much is made over there. It would be nice to have more stuff made here in the US. Just not sure how legitimately feasible that is.

owlhoot

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 22, 2020, 11:50:22 PM
Yeah i know , it ain't easy.
One thing i said to myself is that do i really need that made in china Stevens 410
Nope. Do i need those china primos calls or the new made in china bottomland clothes, nope.
Now I have guns, clothes that are not made in china, my calls the last few years come from makers on here.
If you don't need to support the china goods then I don't.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: owlhoot on March 23, 2020, 12:12:38 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 22, 2020, 11:50:22 PM
Yeah i know , it ain't easy.
One thing i said to myself is that do i really need that made in china Stevens 410
Nope. Do i need those china primos calls or the new made in china bottomland clothes, nope.
Now I have guns, clothes that are not made in china, my calls the last few years come from makers on here.
If you don't need to support the china goods then I don't.
Agreed, I will not own a foreign vehicle and I have had people offer to give me one, I just can't bring myself to do it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

owlhoot

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 22, 2020, 11:42:37 PM
The Chinese are not responsible for making the cheap junk, the american corporations and consumers are!
Agree, if the consumers keep buying it the corporations will make it there.