OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pure Gold Tempest .555 & .570

Started by turkeytromp, February 12, 2011, 05:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeytromp

Has anyone run any test patterns on there 20ga. yet using both of these chokes?
I just talked to bradly at PG and told him I'm setting up my new Franchi 720 20ga. for the late turkey season this spring and I wanted to get his opinion on which choke to go for first and foremost in using the fed HW#7 loads and he told me the .555 is the ticket!
Just wondering how much tighter patterns were and total pellet count differences between the two choke constrictions.
I know alot of guys on here are liking the PG .570's is why i'm asking. I was questioning some guys on here a couple weeks ago on this subject but all the info was lost on the old board!

gobbler74

Try both but with those specific shells shorter barrels like 20" have had better patterns with the .555 I believe longer 24" and up .570 will be the ticket.  I shoot the tempest .555 in my 20 ga sps with the HW 7's
The 20" barrel gun is also polished but averages around 160..That's plenty for me in the 20 ga.

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Devastator

going to be ordering one this next week for my s&w 1020.got the federal 7's ordered.im thinking i
will have awile to wait for some good weather.not sure yet what size yet,probably will ask the company
what they recommend.

gobbler74

The shooters here know as much if not more about those chokes with various turkey loads then the manufacturers of the shells or chokes...
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

turkeytromp

Quote from: gobbler74 on February 13, 2011, 01:05:13 PM
The shooters here know as much if not more about those chokes with various turkey loads then the manufacturers of the shells or chokes...
Oh yeh, I kinda figured that out myself.Thats why I'm proud to be a member of this forum,very helpful info gets you 1 step closer to bustin a turkey! :fud: