Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Turkeys still have eggs?

Started by ThunderChickenHunter21, March 14, 2020, 10:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderChickenHunter21

Walked in my pas old barn today whereusualky see tueley every now and then and one flew out. Got to looking and seen 2 eggs under an old piece of metal. Would they still have eggs right now??

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

See you are in TN so your breeding season is a bit different than it is here in NY but I would still think they would have them there as well. They have not even started laying here yet or have maybe started but just a little. April is more their breeding season here and goes into May for our hunting season and then maybe into early June depending on how long matting went on any particular year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on March 14, 2020, 10:26:45 AM
Walked in my pas old barn today whereusualky see tueley every now and then and one flew out. Got to looking and seen 2 eggs under an old piece of metal. Would they still have eggs right now??

I wouldn't think so, in my area of Tennessee , birds are still bunch up, but anything is possible.. But i don't see them sitting on a piece of metal with 2 eggs under it ...

ThunderChickenHunter21

I think it could have been a buzzard. My buddy said he saw one the other day sitting on the window above wherein found the eggs. I have saw turkeys there too so just assumed it was a turkey.